icon

best 6.5 component set?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a pair of the mmc6500s in a honda s2000, runnung off of a eclipse 5 channel with a bazooka tube(not sold in my store, customer loved them)  and they were pretty nice, not the clarity that i go for , but if you are looking more for power and spl they might just do the trick fo you .
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
bumpinexploder 
Copper - Posts: 265
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
i am looking for spl but not from my components. i want some clear as day components. that why i suggested those infinity perfects. i have herd them and lik,e them but i think i will go with the perfects to match the infinity amp. dont speakers usually sound better if they are matched with the same brand amp. cuz they are made for one another kinda?
Pioneer DEH-400UB
Kicker 150.2 mids/highs amp
MB Quart fsa 216 front stage
AudioPipe gd-6001 mono amp
AUDIOQUE SD 15S PREFAB BOX!
C&D Technologies Battery, 1500 CCA, 134 amp storage
149.5 DB's
falconyellow 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
bumpinexploder wrote:
dont speakers usually sound better if they are matched with the same brand amp. cuz they are made for one another kinda?
Only if you are the one selling that brand of components, then you tell your customers that so they will buy everything from you in order to save the possible embarrassment of bad sound. In reality, most pro systems only use like components because they got them for free from the manufacture, or because they own a shop and that's what they sell. An amp should do one thing well, amplify the input signal without changing it in any other way. If it does that well, it doesn't matter what speaker it's driving, it will drive it as best it can. The only "matching" you'd want to consider will be power handling. I.E. don't put a 1000 watt amp on a 10 watt RMS speaker and crank the volume.
bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
got it. thanks alot for you guys help!
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
how much of a differance in clarity and loudness will the infinity perfects be form the reference 6020cs. theres a big differance on price and i was wonderin if theres a big differance on sound??
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

Go check them out for yourself cause what I here and like may not be what you like. Advice on speakers can only go so far before you have to check out what people are suggesting. Just take a CD that your familiar with then have the  bass and treble bla bla bla set to zero and the amp if one is used. Since you want the best judgment on how the speaker will sound. Just remember it will sound different in your car. Do to lots of factors placement bla bla bla

There has been some really good advice on what speakers to check out now spend a few days checking them out.

bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
you are right but the only ones i am able to hear are the infinitys. (cartoys) theres no actual shops near me. only best buy and circuit city. but thanks for all the input guys!
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

bumpinexploder wrote:
yes i have heard focal at cartoys and i wish i could afford those but unfortuantly 200 is the highest i can spend

bumpinexploder wrote:
you are right but the only ones i am able to hear are the infinitys. (cartoys) theres no actual shops near me. only best buy and circuit city.

I'm not sure of CarToys would sell you a used Reference coaxial for a mere $200.  That is the highest priced brick-and-mortar shop I've EVER been inside.

I've NEVER encountered sales people with the prolific combination of ego and incompetence that prevades CarToys - NEVER.  I would NOT partronize these clowns.

That said, I can't say I'm too fond of ANY of the choices you've come up with - the Focal's are probably the 'best' in terms of concensus - but I agree with haemph - the tweeters are searing.

I'm thinking there are many good choices for $200 - but not as long as you are in CarToys, that's for sure.

I think recommendations for componets are difficult without this question: how sensitive are you to bright sound and sibilance?

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
i am in 100% agreeance to the cartoys jokes! i hte them but im sayin thats all thats hear. lol to listen to not buy though. but i like very bright sound so i think im going to get the infinity perfects if i can but most likely just the 6020 referances.
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  

Infinity componets are notoriously bright - the only Perfect componet system I've heard was in a - *crazy* install* lemmie tell ya - so I'm not sure how'd much I extrapolate to ur situation . . .

Have you heard JL Audio componets?  Are they too bright or not bright enough?  I've always like the JL VR series componet set - with the tweeter switch on full output, perhaps this would be a good choice . . . very bright and etched sound - but with much cleaner tonality than what Infinity offers, IMO. . .

Street price should be ~$200 . .

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic