the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

dream system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

audiocableguy wrote:
Haemphyst is teasing us by using the Adire Extremis..........since both have vanished! Too bad about Adire. 

They aren't as "vanished" as you think:

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SDX7

dream system - Page 2 -- posted image.

BTW, I know where a pair of 4 ohm versions are available.

audiocableguy wrote:
  Dampening is one thing I thing everyone will agree on. 

Call me crazy, but I prefer my stereo equipment to stay dry.  Seattle sure did keep my car well dampened. dream system - Page 2 -- posted image.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Most things in Seattle seem a little over-dampened to me.
Support the12volt.com
klctexas 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
I think he was talking about sound deadening
Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
...and *I* think he was referring to damping. Call me crazy.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
The spiz has spoken.......dream system - Page 2 -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

audiocableguy wrote:
  The Zapco Dig. Reference is worth a look at to fill the USCPro spots. You can tune from the front seats with time alignment, EQ and X-over functions.

Zapco is having issues...... All of their reps have been "let go" they are having some dollar problems.... This from my friend who is (was) the rep in the Northwest.

There are alot of dealers that will be looking for something to replace Zapco with, in their product lineup.  Your having financial problems so you get rid of the guys that bring the money IN, to

save the money going OUT.   Does this idea really work?????

audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
my spelling is a bit "rusty".
It would be a shame to loose Zapco. The gear and customer support has always been top notch.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Your having financial problems so you get rid of the guys that bring the money IN, to save the money going OUT.   Does this idea really work?????

I agree with your position.  They aren't just "downsizing" to save costs...instead, it would seem that they are done with business-as-usual.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
I was assured, without a doubt, that Zapco is not in danger.
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
i am debating on going with two 12" realm lft 12 d4s.  debating on going with  sealed or two TL boxes.  what would you guys recommend.
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic