the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cm4200 vd? manual or auto

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while ...

I recently found a CM4200-VD brain in my arsenal, is this a manual or automatic version. The box has 2wss-r on the yellow sun-fire sticker but doesn't say automatic or manual anywhere else inside or out. 

On the brain, it has a CM4200-VD sticker, and below it has the usual compuster "cut the jumper for automatic, and leave alone for manual transmission."

Is this one of those hybrid brains that can do both?

Thanks

The search function is your friend.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
only some compustar brains are manual or auto selectable. i know the pro versions come ready for both trannys, but the first gen, tey were manual OR auto.
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

also... inside the brain is the green wire (jumper) -- i'm presuming this is one of those that are selectable.

I recall the newer versions of the CM3000 brains have a CM3000"M" sticker on them if they're manual versions.

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

yeap, to select the tranny, you will end up cutting the jumper wire for manual or leave for auto. this is the selectable tranny or hybrid unit.

as i mentioned only some units came as M or AT.

peterubers 
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks tedmond!
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
whoa whoa
With the green white loop in the brain not cut its for a MANUAL and with it cut its for a AUTO
FYI
And VD is new. BTW
"dont ground out!"
peterubers 
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

So, since the VD is new .. does that mean the jumper doesn't do anything?  I had a "new" CM3000M brain with a jumper wire, but the jumper wire didn't do anything -- it remained a manual compustar brain even after I snipped the green jumper wire.

I want this VD to be automatic, so I snipped it .. hopefully it'll work as automatic (btw, it's going into an automatic chevy)

tedmond 
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
if you cut the wire, make sure you done reconnect it. it will damage  and void the warrenty on the units. hey dswift, you think theres a diff from the units in the states to the ones here in canada? or they should be the same
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

So, since the VD is new .. does that mean the jumper doesn't do anything?  I had a "new" CM3000M brain with a jumper wire, but the jumper wire didn't do anything -- it remained a manual compustar brain even after I snipped the green jumper wire.

I want this VD to be automatic, so I snipped it .. hopefully it'll work as automatic (btw, it's going into an automatic chevy)

Look at the part number CM= Control Modules right?
If you have a M or an A Its a dedicated brain.
CM-3000M is manual ONLY

cm-3000A is Automatic only

You will not see any VD's with either A or M

word

"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic