gm passlock ii bypass problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scottgibson 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I'm installing a remote start on a 2003 GMC Sierra. I am using a DEI 456GW passlock bypass module. I have connected the module as per the installation instructions and verified its communication with the car via the double lock after connecting it. The remote start is installed with tach programming procedure completed successfully.
The issue I am facing is the Passlock immobilizer is kicking in shortly after cranking. I have verified this is the case because the passlock light on the dash lights up when the remote start attempt is killed (car with a lock through it). I have checked that the disarm output is properly connected to the 456GW module. It pulses this wire before the remote start (as described in the remote starter manual). I have double checked this with a DVM.
I'm confused because I'm confident the 456GW is working correctly (power locks work) but the starter kill bypass isn't working. I can't find enough documentation on the 456GW, the paper it came with is pretty thin. I'm assuming the pulse on the disarm wire is correct.
I have also tried enabling securelock mode on the remote starter just in case it would help. The remote starter succesfully unlocks the doors tries to start and relocks the doors. But the start is still shut down by the Passlock system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

take the ground input or activation input and ground it. try remote starting the car and if it works, the bypass is not getting a ground from the main unit to trigger.

bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
This is what I did with my PassLock II on my 0 Grand Am GT1... I started the car by key, and cut the Yellow wire in the 3 wire Passlock II harness... The "Security" Light comes on all the damn time, but I'm working on that... I think,  I'm just going to take out the bulb. Anyways, this is per a GM Buliten posted by GM.  The main trick is, to ONLY cut the wire while the car is running, AND must be started by KEY... Check this link for a pic of what the wires look like.....  http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=967&link=BULLDOG As a matter of fact, check out www.bulldogsecurity.com and click on Vehicle Wiring Diagrams, Select GMC, and then Sierria, Read through everything they have to say, and look at their pics.... I'm just offering you a way to check to see if it's your bypass module.  If you start the car by key, cut the yellow wire, shut off the car, then try to start if by key again, then by remote.... this should work... If not let me know and we'll try somthing else
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
i would never do the relay and resistor method. during the cold days, it doesnt work properly. Just for out the extra 15 - 20 and get a proper data bypass.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
Me either... I dont see the point of using the relay, when you can just use a dmm, to check the resistance between the KEY side of the cut yellow wire, and a stripped part of the Black Wire, and get a corrisponding resistor, and add it to your alarm bypass wire from the R/S. All that relay business just sounds like more stuff to go wrong. By using the resistor in this fashion, you can get rid of the PassLock Warning light.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to add.... If you read his orig post, he has a Bypass mod, but it's not working. I'm just giving him options on how to check his Module, or get rid of it entirely... I spelled that wrong, I know   lol
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2008 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
The problem that you have here is that the 456GW does not do Passlock bypass. It is only designed to operate the locks/factory alarm/panic functions on '03-'06 full-size GM trucks.
What you should do depends on how easily you can return the 456GW...if you can take it back directly, do that and get a 457GW which will do Passlock bypass in addition to the functions that the 456GW will do. A 1700G or Bypasskit GMDL-BP will work also.
If you can't return it, you should get a standalone Passlock bypass such as the 555L, 556L, or Bypasskit PLJX, and continue to use the 456G for locks, etc.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Also agreed... all good input.... this is why I love this Forum
scottgibson 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all, I'll give it a go today. It looks like I was misled on the 456G interface module. I bought it off e-bay with the understanding that it bypassed the immobilizer as well as doing power locks.
Scott
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
I agree, it is the wrong bypass. Get the 457g or the 1700g like Chris says...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic