icon

gm passlock ii bypass problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
As mentioned - it will depend on what you can find. Since DEI bought Trilogix(Bypasskit) they have stopped producing a lot of the DEI bypasses that duplicate Bypasskit's product functions.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wjkreuser 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, I'm a bit new at this...our 2002 Cavalier's Passlock II system is engaging for no reason, shutting off the fuel pump....I'm not sure what to do....I saw bypass kits for 50-60 dollars and I don't have that much money, but I guess I don't have a choice....I was wondering if there is anything I can do myself to get the car running and whether there was a cheaper form of bypass kit and where I could get one...
thank you
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
wjkreuser - unfortunately you can't use a bypass kit to permanently override any passive antitheft system, including Passlock. It will draw enough current to drain the battery excessively.
What makes you think that the Passlock is the problem?
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Look at this.... http://documents.codesystems.com/700055.pdf if you need to Log in, use ID Alarmtech and the same is the password.  I didn't use the relays, I just tested the resistance between the yelllow and black wires, and added the corrisponding resistor on  OEM alarm bypass wire, then tied that wire to the Yellow Passlock II Wire

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hope that helps

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
As mentioned in my previous post - any bypass module or permanent Passlock bypass such as bbullers is referencing will not work with a malfunctioning Passlock system on the car, and cannot be used as a band-aid to avoid fixing the Passlock. Additionally, we haven't established yet that the Passlock is the problem.
wjkreuser again if you can specify why you think the Passlock is causing your problem, it would be very helpful. The Passlock system only stops cranking/fuel during the first few seconds after the key is turned to "start" position...it won't do anything for the rest of the run-cycle.
wjkreuser 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking up the problem online and its similar to every other case involving the Passlock II. The Anti-Theft light comes on when its trying to start...the firing is normal...and I read that the fuel pump is disengaged by the Passlock II, which would explain why the car won't start despite the mentioned.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ok...the first thing you should do is check all the fuses on the car, particularly those for the BCM and PCM.
The Passlock sensor, which is mounted on the ignition switch housing, sends its signal to the BCM during startup - if that signal is correct the BCM will send a signal over the data line to the PCM to enable fuel.
At any point recently was the car worked on, did anyone try to add something into it, or was a very large magnet placed near the ignition switch?
wjkreuser 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
No, nothing changed....happened after a large thunderstorm the night before...
I tried starting it without the BCM fuse already with no luck
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
I guess I wasn't clear in my last post - I meant you should check all the fuses to see if they are blown.
If you haven't already, try disconnecting the battery for several minutes and then try to start the car.
If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll post or e-mail the Passlock learn procedure.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic