icon

viper 5900 remote start lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matrixlu 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
hey.  i have a viper 5900 and have the remote start feature installed.  when i remote start my vehicle, the parking lights flash.  how do i program the system so that when the remote start is actived, the parking lights will turn on steady instead of flash?  thanks
jrod83 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
im not sure what setting you have to go to but you have to go to valet mode and its in the third menu....i think its like 3-8...and then hit the unlock button on your remote..ill find out for sure i have the manual at work
MECP Certified
I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fighting Aggies Class of '11 WHOOP!
SAW 'EM OFF!
matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
when you do find out, please detail all steps involved in changing the flashing of lights to a steady on when remote started.  thanks!
matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
one more thing.  currently, i've the alarm, keyless, and remote start installed.  do you know whether it would be possible to use the keyless without arming the car?  i know this is possible in the valet mode, but wanted to know if it was possible to bypass the alarm arming and just use the keyless when parking in my garage.  thanks
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
you have to put in valet mode to just do keyless with no arm. it's easy to enter valet mode with the remote, open a door, press lock, then unlock, then lock again.. one after the other, fast but not to fast. if you did it right the vehicle will lock, unlock, then stay unlocked and the led will remain solid to let you know it's in valet mode.
jrod83 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

Another way to put it in valet is to turn the ignition on then off then push the valet switch....as for the lights you have to turn the ignition on then off...within 5 seconds after turning off the ignition hold the valet switch for until you hear 3 chirps after that hit the valet switch 4 times then hold it down on the fifth push...hold it down and then hit unlock on your remote then let go of the valet turn the ignition on. you should hear a long chirp indicating that you exited valet...then your done!...remote start it then check to see if you programed it right...

MECP Certified
I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fighting Aggies Class of '11 WHOOP!
SAW 'EM OFF!
matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
jrod83 wrote:

as for the lights you have to turn the ignition on then off...within 5 seconds after turning off the ignition hold the valet switch for until you hear 3 chirps after that hit the valet switch 4 times then hold it down on the fifth push...hold it down and then hit unlock on your remote then let go of the valet turn the ignition on. you should hear a long chirp indicating that you exited valet...then your done!...remote start it then check to see if you programed it right...

I tried and it did not work.  As a result, in the end, the alarm sounded for 1 sec and then turned itself off.  to clarify, when you say turn the ignition on and off, do you mean to the on and off positions or start the car on?

What does it mean when the alarm sounds for 1 sec and then turns off?

thanks

hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
when he says on and off, he means turn the key to the on position, then off. No need to crank the car. The alarm sounding for one second you are talking about sounds like the exiting programming mode notification.
His instructions should work, have the door open, turn the key to the "on" position, then off.
Press and hold the valet button.. you will here one chirp... two chirps... three chirps... Three is what we want.
Within 5 seconds of hearing three chirps, press the valet button four times and press it once more after that and hold it in. (Total of 5 presses all together)
You will then hear the alarm chirp the number of times of the programming option selected, so Four (maybe 5, it's been a while, I do things with a bitwriter most of the time) DO NOT RELEASE THE VALET BUTTON AT THIS POINT!!
Once you hear the multiple chirp confirmation, continue to hold that valet button down and press unlock on the viper remote. The alarm will chirp twice to confirm the change.
Turn the ignition "on" then off again, and you'll hear a one second or so siren to confirm you have exited programming mode.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

hurleyloser wrote:
when he says on and off, he means turn the key to the on position, then off. No need to crank the car. The alarm sounding for one second you are talking about sounds like the exiting programming mode notification.
His instructions should work, have the door open, turn the key to the "on" position, then off.
Press and hold the valet button.. you will here one chirp... two chirps... three chirps... Three is what we want.
Within 5 seconds of hearing three chirps, press the valet button four times and press it once more after that and hold it in. (Total of 5 presses all together)
You will then hear the alarm chirp the number of times of the programming option selected, so Four (maybe 5, it's been a while, I do things with a bitwriter most of the time) DO NOT RELEASE THE VALET BUTTON AT THIS POINT!!
Once you hear the multiple chirp confirmation, continue to hold that valet button down and press unlock on the viper remote. The alarm will chirp twice to confirm the change.
Turn the ignition "on" then off again, and you'll hear a one second or so siren to confirm you have exited programming mode.

so i did most of that.  after pushing the valet button 4 times and holding it the 5th time, i did not wait for any chirps before hitting the unlock button.  everything else, i followed.  at this point, what have i programmed onto the system?  did i mess anything up?  do i need to reset anything to default?  thanks

hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you hear any chirps when you pushed unlock? if not, then you didn't program anything. I don't have access to the manual right now, but I can look at it when I get to work tomorrow and double check everything.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic