icon

asianwolf 8000rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alscrx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

I have this problem with the asianwolf 8000rs 2way page alarm system. I had it for about 2 years now and out of no where its acting up...

Sometimes i press the buttons on the remote and nothing happens at all. I even tried the backup remote i have and nothing!  Sometimes i get lucky when i hit the button and the car arm's or disarms.  But i would say 85% of the time the alarm is not working.

I double checked the +12v wires and they are all good. Seems like an intermittant power problem but i checked all connections and grounds.

Anyone else with this problem? Could it be something in the brain?

noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Where do you have the antenna mounted?
alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

same spot for 2 years...right behind my rear view mirror!

Seems more like a power problem!

noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
very good place to have it mounted. I have the same exact alarm, and have the antenna mounted at the same spot. Have you tried replacing your battery? First off, are you using the 1 way or 2 way remote?
alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

My car battery is ok, The car runs and drives fine!!!!

I am using the pager remote as my primary! I changed that battery also but its got to be the alarm since i tried the regular remote they included also and still nothing.

Sometimes it works when it feels like it. I wish i had a brain to swap out too see if it works.

noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
I didnt mean replace your car battery. I meant replace the remote battery sorry.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
go to your alarm brain, unplug it for 1 min, replug and check the ground.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
alscrx wrote:

I have this problem with the asianwolf 8000rs 2way page alarm system. I had it for about 2 years now and out of no where its acting up...

My thought was transmitter batteries as well.

alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

I used 2 different transmitters and same thing!

I did unplug the brain and all connectors and tested the ground with a multimeter.

Plugged it back in and same thing, Nothing....no response at all!

Out of nowhere i tried it last night and it armed. Then when i went to disarm it....it didn't work! No response at all. I opened the door anyway and no alarm went off. So its like the power gets cut or something. Cause if i arm it, it would normally go off if i open the door!

noobie4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Basically what you need to do then is somehow arm the car, then when you find out that the brain "loses" power, you need to check the power using a DMM. I know this will be extremly hard to do unless you yank everything out, but you need to find out if the brain is still getting 12V when you disarm it (but the alarm doesnt disarm). Another thing you need to do is when this problem does happen, put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on, and check the blue LED on your antenna and see if it blinks (count the number of times it blinks). It will repeat the number I think 7 times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic