icon

2007 colorado starter kill?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
all out customs 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
I am instaling a regular, non remote start viper alarm.  Everything is pretty much done except for the starter kill.  Even though it is not a remote start system, am I still going to have to hook up the DEI555L.  If so, does anyone have any diagram on how to hook it up?  I have done a search and have learned that the WHITE/ yellow wire is what I must connect it to, but how exactly?   In my findings of doing a search, there was a link on the Car Sound and Performance forums, that Chris Luongo offered, but the link does not work.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Also, how do you double diode isolate for the door triggers,
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
you would only hook up 555l for remote start
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

You don't need the 555L.That's a bypass for the Passlock system used in remote start only.

If I understand the question, you're looking for a starter kill solution.

One of two ways, cut the starter wire between the starter and the relay at the VCM on driver's fender and use a relay to interrupt this when armed.

Second option, build a circuit which keeps the acc at the ignition harness from dropping out during crank. Connect a pink ignition wire from the ignition switch to pins 86 and 87 of a relay, connect pin 30 to the WHITE/ red acc wire at the ignition switch, connect the pin 85 to the ground when armed wire of the security sytem.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
all out customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the feedback Big Dog, I appreciate all your help.
all out customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
The white with yellow wire at the ignition harness is hooked up to a factory anti-theft system with a removable chip.  However it is wired with two different relays.  If the factory system is removed and I just interrupt this wire with the standard starter kill relay setup, will this affect anything.  Would that work?
all out customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Just tried my previous theory and that did not work.  So I went to the yellow/black wire that directtechs referred, which is on the blue plug, pin 48 passenger side firewall.  I tested it with the meter and it reads 12 volts with the key in the on position.  It remains 12 volts at the crank.  Could this possibly be the wire that needs to be cut? 
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

If the wire you are probing goes straight to the starter, then it will show 12 volt only during crank. All the colorados i've done i've actually gotten a yellow/black inside of the vehicle to kill the starter, but i think that changed on the 07.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic