icon

alarm sensitivity and airplanes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thadrizzle 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously I installed a crimestopper CS2000 III I believe and my friend says it keeps going off at night and when he is @ work witch is less than a mile from his home. He called me today and left a voice-mail asking me if the vibration from the Air-planes could be setting it off. You guys think that is possible?
We live less than 1/2 a mile from Harts-field Airport in Atlanta and there is quite a lot of noise from the Jets I have just gotten used to it. Years ago the Airport did come through and re-insulate many of the surrounding homes (including mine) and added storm doors and windows. But, like I said I am just used to it. Could this be the reason and if so what other than cutting down the sensitivity could be done to correct the problem?
I love this stuff. Took me 34 years to find my calling but, I think this is it. I love pulling wires he! he!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
You need to determine if the shock sensor is what is setting the alarm off. Does that alarm tell you what zone triggered it? I am not familiar with Crimestopper.
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
No, crimestopper has some OK alarms out but this unit is the bottom of the barrel but, can be upgraded w/ other features through aux wires and a data port...
The vibration from the planes is just about the only logical answer unless a cat or something is getting on it @ night but IDK about work...
I love this stuff. Took me 34 years to find my calling but, I think this is it. I love pulling wires he! he!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
It could also be a door trigger triggering the alarm if a BCM goes to sleep. Year, make and model of vehicle?
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
It's a 97 Isuzu rodeo and I just tapped into the + when locked wire for all the doors and set the locks that way and the sensor is in the middle of the SUV bolted to the frame under the console that cover the parking brake.
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
and my title still says rookie so: What is a BCM? Sorry you don't know if you don't ask so....
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
BCM = Body Control Module,  one of the computers on newer vehicles.     Yes it is very likely that the vibration from a jet plane will set off the shock sensor of his alarm.
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm, Cool, well, thanx. And no i don't think you are an idiot lol. I wonder is there some way to get around this problem.... I need a motion sensor inside the vehicle. Does that sound crazy?alarm sensitivity and airplanes -- posted image.
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Try the easiest thing first...... turn the shock sensor to it's lowest setting. If that fixes the problem, turn the sensor up, little by little, until you find the sweet spot.
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, forgot to mention, I have a Crimestopper 2012, and I love it! The sensitivity settings are great, they can go both super sensitive, and the total opposite.
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic