the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bmw bypass with 556uw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

If you have issue with the bypass..... try this.

BMW part# 66-008362278 factory transponder ring. $30.00. cut one of the factroy transponder wires take the ring side of that wire to pin 87a, and the other side to pin 30.

The new transponder ring... take one of the wires to the factory rings wire that was NOT cut, and the other to pin 87 on your relay. 12V to 86, and trigger with ground while running on 85.

take a valid key and center it in the ring......tape the crap out of it. Make sure to center the key.....you don't want to have to take off all that tape to fix the postion of the key. This works

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
If thack would RTFM "section of 556U manual, European cars," all questions would be answered, I'm still waiting for year and model because its VERY relevant. The next question will be askibng why he's done all that and it stil won't fire up, ah well treat the purple acc of the car as a 2nd ignition. By the way what caps Chris? He wasn't using them in his first post.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
howie II, the first post was in all uppercase letters and has since been changed to all lowercase letters.
bmw bypass with 556uw - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

its a BMW 2001 325

Sorry i know in my experience when someone wants a radio with free standard installaion (ie Circuitcity) I definately have done some cars that didnt seem to be so standard. So when i see "universal", and i havent done a BMW before, i would like some assuarance before i go ahead and cut up someones car then some system locks the igintion out or something, My question may have seemed elementary, but i have no experience with BMW but with your help i will.  I guess when i use the search feature certain words give you certain topics and the posts i read didnt make me very confident.

thanks for the change in case letters

great idea. will get an extra ring for the next car. thanks kartune

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
The 556 U works fine with the E46, that's why I asked what model, but you must use the GREY VALET key. Get the owner to buy it if he doesn't have one. If you'd have checked previous posts on the subject E46, I showed a quick and clean (only one panel drop) way of doing them quite recently.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
think all he has is two original keys. could barely fit in the unit.  ill look at it this evening.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic