08 tacoma remote start, random musings

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 wrote:
For the flashing lights issue...that will happen if you used the (-) parking light wire. The truck ignores that and the headlight wire from the switch if it was left on. Use the (+) wire which actually activates the bulbs and you'll be allright there.
For the check engine...make sure that you have 2 ignition and 2 starter wires connected correctly, and that they are powering up as they should(I mean that you don't have the ignition powering as an accessory especially).
Can you make a quick diagram or explain how to do this. I can figure this one out. I have an 08 and Have a viper 5701. it has a Flex relay ( pink/ black stripe ) what do I use that for? any info would be great. Thanks in advance
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
craniumvibratio, can you be more specific in regards to what's confusing you?
The flex relay's operation should be described in the section of your 5701's install manual about the heavy-gauge wire connections, and also in the section about programmable options.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic