icon

viper dei auto start confirmation?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know if the Viper has a pulsed output confirmation when (after) the car is successfully autostarted?

I lost my manual and I can't find one online...

It's the 791 model Viper BTW

Thanks

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
If I understood correctly, you're looking for a ground pulse after a sucessful remote start. That's the GREEN / WHITE (factory alarm arm) wire.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
That GREEN / WHITE wire pulses negative when remote start has turned off after preset run time to rearm alarm or when you hit the lock button on remote, I don't believe you can use that for what you are asking.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
Big Dog 
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

I didn't quite understand. viper dei auto start confirmation? -- posted image.

In that case, use the RED / white and program for defrost, pulse. It'll pulse 10 seconds after a sucessful remote start.

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
You are referring to a 200ma (-) trunk release output on channel 2 that is RED / white. I think you are thinking of the blue/white wire for 2nd status/rear defogger.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

10 seconds is too lengthy for what I need...the Viper is going to close a latch relay. After which, it doesn't need to be energized (immediately) after the car starts...

Because of the way my latch relay works, if I were to 'unlatch' it (with reverse polarity on BOTH ground and positive) I'd short it out or pop a fuse with the Viper still supplying current to it...

I need the Viper to latch the relay when the car starts (I'm actually using the acc./ign. out from the relay pack to do this), and then de-energize immediately after the engine starting...

That way I can safely 'unlatch', or switch off the engine right away if need be...

Big Dog 
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

techman93 wrote:
You are referring to a 200ma (-) trunk release output on channel 2 that is RED / white. I think you are thinking of the blue/white wire for 2nd status/rear defogger.

I've inhaled too much solder fumes. viper dei auto start confirmation? -- posted image.

wungun, I thought your original post was a pulse after the car was sucessfully started, however, your ignition signal comes on before it even cranks. Also, the purple is simultaneous with the crank, it won't pulse after the car has sucessfully started.

BTW, the blue/white defrost isn't a pulse 10 seconds in length, it pulses for one second which is sent 10 seconds after the car is started.

But I guess you know what your looking for.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
wungun, what exactly are you trying to do with this latch relay? Post what you're specifically trying to accomplish and we might be able to come up with a better way.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I drew up a schematic...here it is

(Both start and stop buttons have double switch contacts)

viper dei auto start confirmation? -- posted image.

Here is how it's s'pose to work...

I have a timer I bought, programable. I'll set it for 4 or 5 seconds...

Now, I have a start and a stop button. The Viper is looking for 2 ground pulses to start the engine-start sequence.

Once it see the pulses, it begins by flashing the parking lights and powering up the Acc and Ign...

The Acc (or Ign) is spliced into the latch and a ground relay (the latch needs both + and - to close...and reverse polarity to unlatch)

Once the Acc is powered up, the timer is triggered and it begins it's count-down...4 or 5 seconds should be enough of a wait for the starter

to engage and start the car...

Once the timer lapses, it sends a pulse to the auto starter kill (normally hooked up tp the brake pedal)...

Now drive the car away!

Now if I need Acc and Ign WITHOUT starting the car, I push and hold the the start button for the 4 or 5 seconds needed for the timer to send a pulse...

The + output from the timer goes into the same latch and ground relay that the Viper triggers...which closes the two relays for Acc and Ign...but this time, the auto-start sequence isn't triggered because the Viper

didn't "see" 2 pulses...

The only problem I (a novice) can forsee, is if the 'stop' button is pressed while the latch is being closed, it's an obvious short...

This is why I need the timer to trigger off the auto start ASAP...

Also, I was thinking about adding a switch to the Ign relay, this way I can have just Acc on without Ign if need be (i.e. drive-in theater, etc...)

I think I'll put a small capacitor in the trigger-in lead, this way, there isn't a feed back 'loop' into the timer...

Also, a diode so when Acc is energized, it doesn't immediately trigger the auto-start disengage...

Let me know if you guys think this will work...I'm pretty new at this...

Thanks for your input

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
I think you're overcomplicating things a bit...what you're trying to do is have a switch like a late model car with a proximity key, correct?
Easier way to do it would be just to have the first pulse go to the Viper's (-) activation input, and also latch a relay setup that would ground the wait-to-start input to the Viper. The second pulse would unlatch that relay setup, causing the car to start and run.
More info to follow...hot date with Ms. Pillow right now.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic