the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

inverted subs in slot ported

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I just realized that you were still asking about your SoundStream amp lol. Sorry, i got sidetracked.
Your specs are:
150x2@4ohms
300x2@2ohms
600x1@4ohms
You are currently running at a 2ohm Bridged load, which is actually still going to be around the 600w rating, maybe a little more.
So for arguements sake we'll say you are at 600x1@2ohms. Each sub is getting apx. 300w which is a close enough match for (2) 350w subs. You'll be fine as long as the amp doesn't blow from running at too low of a bridged ohm load.
And "yes" if you want to push them a little harder you could go to a 1000x1@2ohm class-d mono-block amp. Just watch the gains and listen for any distortion.
Sorry if there was any confusion, I know I can get long-winded at times lol
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
yungen2003 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
It's all good the more detail the less there is for id10t problems for me :P. But I totally see what you mean now. I'm possibly looking into getting a new SoundStream amp and possibly some power 2 T2's if im going to drop a load on some new stereo equip. For some reason I just really like 12's. They dont hit some of the higher bass like 10's and not as low as 15's but there just right you know what I mean. And my stepdad has 18's in his porsche. We will just leave it at the fact that. My ears started bleeding in the backseat.
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
I know what you mean about 12's, they're what I've run for the past 15 years. 10's are excellent for Techno (fast tight bass), 15's are good for ear splitting low bass frequencies. 12's make a nice combination of the two. inverted subs in slot ported - Page 3 -- posted image.
The Power T2's are monsters. 1000w RMS and about $800 MSRP. Not to mention finding the right amps to run them. Must be nice to have that kinda scratch to throw around *laughing*
Since you like SoundStream amps, the Picasso series is pretty good. The PCX2000D would suite your "new" needs if you got the 4ohm T2's(T212D4) and wired them to a 1ohm load. That amp is rated 2000x1@1ohm, but I believe it was actually rated at 16v. No clue on what the MSRP would be.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
yungen2003 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged  
Not that I have that much money to throw around. Just work my ass off. I'm looking at either turboing my car atm. Or upgrading the stereo. Looking for a new headunit atm. Trying to find one I could hook a ipod up to or has the ability for me to run a external HD and have it read it.
wvsquirrel 
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  
If you want "nice", check out these Alpine Headunits. I've always been a fan of Alpine and currently run a CDA-7995. It's an older one but I have an adapter hooked up for a direct connection to my MP3 player. I've been running it for the last 6 years and it's still a sweet unit.
Other manufacturers offer similar interfaces. Whether it's a simple phono interface (headphone jack) or and RCA interface (like mine) there are plenty of them out there.
Eclipse headunits get raves too. Their quality is among the best out there.
Nakamichi is also highly sought after.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic