icon

07 toyota tundra compustar pro/fortin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toxarch 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2008 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
The window module is wired to the same 12v power that the alarm is powered to (line from battery and factory ground). I can manually ground the wire and it will activate the window module. The problem is, the CN1 Pin5 that is supposed to be a ground when armed wire, does not ground out until the remote start is activated.
I actually did one window module for up, and another for down. But the down isn't connected to the alarm yet until I can get my hands on a programmer to program AUX 1 and AUX 2 wires.
toxarch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
So no ideas on the ground when armed? Can I use a different wire from the CompuStar?
toxarch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I could sure use some input here, please. My ground when armed wire does not ground when armed, I dioded the three wires using the wire: Starter relay, tilt sensor, and window module.
toxarch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
So I played around with it a little more. The window module puts out 6 volts. And the tilt sensor puts out 6 volts. So I guess that was too much for the alarm to ground and that is why it wasn't completely grounding. I didn't measure amperage. Remote start still worked though.
I pulled the window control off the violet wire. I'll just manually control that on the remote (aux 1). Still need to see if the ground when armed will activate the tilt sensor.
toxarch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
The tilt sensor was putting out 12 volts through its ground when armed wire. I took that wire and just grounded it to the chasis. Tilt sensor works fine now and the alarm shuts it off when the alarm is off. So I am going to leave it like that unless someone says it's bad. The bad part might be that it's draining the battery very slowly. Maybe I'll ground it to the tilt sensor ground wire that runs through the alarm. Maybe that will stop any battery drain since it appears it's a ground switched accessory plug.
toxarch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
"Tilt sensor works fine now and the alarm shuts it off when the alarm is off."
I meant the tilt sensor turns off when the alarm is turned off.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic