Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
Did it work?
klctexas 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so.... Took the car to the dealer last week. They call me the next day and say that it was a loose connection, and that it was covered under warranty, i can pick it up that night. After work, go to dealer, they say they can't get the car to start after informing me that it was not covered under warranty and I paid 85 bucks. So they keep checking the car and tell me the next day that it is the fuel pump, and since I am 1700 miles over the powertrain warranty, it'll be about 1000 bucks to fix. So, I had a tow truck sent to the dealer to pick up the car and take it back to my house. When the driver gets there, they refuse to release my car to him, saying that I owe them money. That was a whole 'nother headache in itself. They were supposed to reimburse me for the 85 bucks, and I have the actual toyota part shipping to my house in a few days. I'm replacing the enitre fuel lever sender/filter/pump unit. There was a toyota service bulletin about this problem, affecting 05 and 06 corollas and 06 matrixs with a 1zz-fe engine. So if anyone else has that vehicle, look out for this problem. 638 bucks for the new unit, and I still have to deal with the dealer to get my money back from them...

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.
klctexas 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2008 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Got new fuel pump in, figured out the ground for it was bad. Ran new ground wire, and everything works great, except for the fact that I can't use my old amp grounding spot anymore, for some reason, when there is something grounded there, the car will not start. Does that sound wierd to anyone?
astrosurfer 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
That does sound weird but glad to see you all fixed up. So, bottom line is that the pump was not at fault in the first place? If the car still won't start with something grounded to that spot. Also did the access panel provide access to the pump? Is the grounding point you mention a direct part of the vehicle body. If so then there is another problem, more than likely a + short to this vacinity. my $0.02
klctexas 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
That's what I think happened. Nothing can be grounded there, it makes the car not start. On another completely ridiculous note, the damn thing won't start again. The fuel pump is working, believe me, I got sprayed with fuel. I was messing around under the hood, opened up the oil filler cap, looked inside, and I can see a huge gash in the metal on the inside, in the valve cover. I'm about done with this two year old Toyota.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic