the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

is this a good alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well there are pager monitors, which are seperate units that you can add to any alarm which is only a one way unit where the alarm sends messages to the pager that you carry in addition to the alarm transmitter.
Then there are 2 way units that the transmitter has a LCD screen and it confirms any commands when in range. these will also give you a greater range then most alarms since they use FM technology.
Look at this unit: It is a starter/alarm combo, but you dont need to hook up the starter features if you dont want to, although if you do it will only add about a half hour to your install time:
Commando FM-5005 Starter/Alarm Combo
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
hey man,thanks for the info.i really like that commandoa alarm.is it as good as the alpine sec 8063?i really want an alarm that i can add a backup battery and have the option to add more sensors later.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
It doesnt have an internal battery backup option, but you can ass that if you wish. I think a backup siren would be more effective since you can just cut or unplug all of the wires going to an alarm and that would make a backup battery useless, but with a back up siren once the power is cut, it stays on until the battery dies or you override it with a key.
I am not familiar with the Alpine, but you should be able to add anything you want to this alarm. And there are some inexpensive, simple and effective ways to make a car safer than an alarm can. The alarm is just the first line of defense. And the fact that this one is a 2 way unit makes them uncomparable.
Email me if you are interested in a FM-5005.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Duston 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
here are a couple alarm/starter combo's that are pretty good for the prices  $ 65.00 - $ 95.00..   Ebay has a Delta Pro alarm starter I have used for someone and they liked it, Look for Ultra Start 2250LT, Also a Autopage 550.  these all have the most common starter alarm reatures....P.S no need to spend 125.00 to 200.00 on a starter/alarm like Alpine( not unless you get one for a deal)....
Factory security systems suck!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic