icon

1998 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm, thanks for all the information. Everything you told me helped get this done. I am a rookie installer and I only work on the side. I don't even make any money off of this, yet. I want to go to school and get MECP certified but I gotta save up the money. That school ain't cheap. Props to you for helping us rookies out!
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

ok, same problem with this remote start alarm as with the old. Everything is wired like it should be but when I remote start the van the alarm gets a door violation warning and sets it self off. It is suppose to disarm the van upon remote start (and it does) but the alarm thinks one of the doors is being opened at the same time. This is what the old alarm would do so we had the owner just disarm before remote starting. He shouldn't have to do that, right? I mean everything works properly except the remote start. Is that just how it is? Does he have to disarm it before remote starting?

nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
This also shows a door trigger when I disarm the system as well.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have the door trigger wire of the Autopage connected to the BROWN / White wire at the BCM that works for door trigger but that is triggering the Autopage alarm when I remote start. If I disconnect that wire the remote start works fine except now I can open the door and the alarm doesn't know that I have. Is there another wire to connect to that might work better? I was also thinking about using a relay to temporarily disconnect the door trigger wire. I think that could work the best.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, Ive tried the relay and the relay cuts the circuit but I'm guessing it doesn't cut the circuit quick enough or something. I don't know what else to try and I can't finish this install. Does anyone know what I need to do?
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

Everytime I try to remote start or just simply disarm I get a door trigger alarm/warning.

nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking about trying to find the dome light wire trigger. When I disarm or remote start the dome light does not come on. The only time the dome light comes on is when a door opens. That could work better, if I can find the correct wire.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
This is sort of a 2 place question. It is vehicle specific and it's going to help install an alarm. Does anyone know where/what color the dome light wire is for a 1998 Chrysler Town and Country? I'm looking for this wire because I'm having a problem with the door trigger.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

I've been trying to get this post answered but no one is reading it

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
This site has been slow the last week or so. Usually happens around this time of year.
Domelight wire = BROWN / lt. green (-) at dome light on/off switch
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic