icon

1998 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, nothing works. Using the dome light wire doesn't work either. When the vehicle disarms, it unlocks the doors and because of that the dome lights come on for a brief second which also triggers the alarm. The factory alarm disarms but the RS 1000 alarm will give a door trigger warning if you disarm first or full alarm if you try to remote start without disarming first. Any ideas???
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
nightowl2 I'd suggest 4 things you could try in order to avoid the problem you're having.
1. My info says door trigger should be blue/orange (+) at the light switch harness. It doesn't say explicitly that this wire is doors only, unaffected by the domelight, but it's possible that that's the case. The domelight switch on your van would most likely have some kind of switched wire that's only active when a door is open.
2. Try cutting that BROWN / white wire and diode isolating it from the BCM. It might be backfeeding from the BCM when the domelight is activated by the disarm.
3. Use a pulse timer relay to interrupt the door trigger wire to the aftermarket alarm for a few seconds after the disarm pulse goes out.
4. Search for individual door trigger wires, assuming they are different from the BROWN / white. This is fairly involved and should be almost a last resort.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey chriswallace187 thanks for that. I was trying to avoid #4 as would be expected. I was thinking about diode isolating the trigger wire but I really am a rookie and wasn't to sure if that would work. Now that it has been suggested, I am going to try that. It can't hurt anything and the worse thing that can happen is I loose a few minutes of time, like that is going to hurt considering the time lost already.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I might be on to something. I finally got a battery for my DVM so I could check voltage on the wire. The wiring diagram says BROWN / White(-) at the BCM which is what I am using BUT when I check the valtage with the door open and close there is no difference! Now, I also checked it with the dome light on and off...on = (+) 0.94 volts and off = (+) 12.84 volts. Could the wiring diagram be wrong? Now what? I guess I'll test a few more wires to see what I can find and then diode isolate each door....1998 chrysler town and country - Page 3 -- posted image.1998 chrysler town and country - Page 3 -- posted image.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
I am not finding any wires that are effected by the door opening or closing. Just the dome light coming on or going off. I actually found 2 wires that are effected by the dome light. The BROWN / white and the BROWN / green.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic