icon

dei 520t battery backup, viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

Firstly that blue wire from the 520t is an input not an output!

Secondly, yes you would need to diode all the inputs that go to the 564t, bands facing towards the alarm.

Thirdly you can't connect that blue wire from the 520t to the mutliplexed input in the manner you are describing, the blue wire will only recieve the trigger not send out. So you can connect it yes, but you would have to reverse the diode on the blue wire of the 520t, band facing away from the alarm.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
The above is wrong. The blue wire on the 520t is an output. It should output (-) when either power or ground is removed from the input side of the 520t.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Really! My bad! thanks for the correction there mr.J worm!
one4waves 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

Firstly that blue wire from the 520t is an input not an output!

Secondly, yes you would need to diode all the inputs that go to the 564t, bands facing towards the alarm.

Thirdly you can't connect that blue wire from the 520t to the mutliplexed input in the manner you are describing, the blue wire will only recieve the trigger not send out. So you can connect it yes, but you would have to reverse the diode on the blue wire of the 520t, band facing away from the alarm.

Thanks for the response. Yes both the 520T trigger wire and the 1st stage (warn away) & 2nd stage (full alarm) trigger wires of the 508D are outputs. But  they are all neg. outputs, so all diodes used would have the cathode (banded) side facing away from the alarm, correct?

Also (asked this before), I can not get a warn-away response from my 508D when the outer zone (1st stage) triggers, only the full alarm sequence. Is it possible that I should isolate the 2 wires from each other with their own separate diodes prior to attaching them to the trigger wire? Just curious. I have tried to adjust both zones as instructed and I just can't get a warn-away response.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

You are correct about the direction of the diodes. Also the alarm you have has a shock sensor with a plug that has been pre- wired to accomadate an additonal sensor without need to diode isolate both wires, you have to plug the side of the shock sensor plug with the loop into the shock sensor and using the green wire from the other end of the plug that goes into the brain connect both green and blue wires here if this is the only sensor diodes wont be needed, if you have multiple sensors, you would need to diode isolate the inputs. Triggers longer than 0.8 seconds will trigger full alarm and shorter than 0.8 will trigger warn away.

anonymous1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2010 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
Triggers longer than 0.8 seconds will trigger full alarm and shorter than 0.8 will trigger warn away.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I just want a bit of clarification.

With the 508D, is it possible to get an "shorter than .8" trigger?

Would this be a matter of sensitivity or is there no way to adjust this?

Thx!

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

Yes! There are both warn away and full trigger outputs on the 508d, the blue and green wires!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic