icon

pats problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin23 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
when i finished  checking the current connections(alarm) of my 02 ford explorer with my dmm, i tried to start the truck, but it did not want to start. the theft light was flashing constantly. the ford service worker said it was either a key rejection or starter interrupt. my question is how do i prevent the pats system from activating while finding the correct wires to install an alarm? is there any tips that i should know or do to deactivate the pats system while i"m looking for the proper wires?
dustin213
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
You might have blown a fuse. If you don't know what your doing you may want to hire someone who does. The PATS system can't be disabled while looking for correct wires. I don't know how you made it not start by just installing an alarm system.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
dustin23 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
the truck all ready had an alarm installed which was right above the gas pedal and my concern was if any of driver of the truck were to step on the alarm which by the way had the starter kill relay connected to it with velcro what would happen. so i was checking the wiring to order to install a new alarm. my question is if i take the pats fuse out can i work on the system without any issues of the pats system locking on me?
dustin213

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic