icon

Tech Tip 1077, What Is This?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
I know im not the only one. I have looked for this but no one has any idea and the ones that do they tell other people that have asked confusing ways to do this. If someone could post a diagram for an 08 tacoma or what tech tip is 1077?
Thanks
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

doc 1077 is a acc/ign isloation that u would have to do on select year altimas, celicas, echos, I have had to do it on some older xterras,  the starter would grind when the car was remote started and you went to do a key take over  this prvents that from happing.  What  you do is  take the thin pink or orange from the dei remote start and put it to 85 ,86 and 87 get 12 volts, 87a goes to the key side of the acc or ign wire and 30 goes to motor side  refer to the tech sheet to know which wire you will cut based on the car u are working on . 

Sorry but I have not done the 08 tacoma yet.

craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the quick response. I will see what I have to do. Do you know what the Pink/black wire is on the unit? It says its a flex relay.
Thanks
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
igniton kill will work too. instead of doing a anti-grind or starter kill
"dont ground out!"
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
The pink/black wire you are referring to must be on a Viper 5701, I think. What it is is the 87A or normally closed terminal of the second ignition (or "flex", as it can be programmed to be ign, accy, or start) output, with the pink/white being the 87, or normally open terminal of that relay.
For isolation purposes, then the pink/bk would go to the key side of the cut, pink/wht to the car side.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
craniumvibratio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
gus1 wrote:
The pink/black wire you are referring to must be on a Viper 5701, I think. What it is is the 87A or normally closed terminal of the second ignition (or "flex", as it can be programmed to be ign, accy, or start) output, with the pink/white being the 87, or normally open terminal of that relay.
For isolation purposes, then the pink/bk would go to the key side of the cut, pink/wht to the car side.
So what you are saying is that I do not need a relay for he second starter. ( if I follow ) I think the 5701 has two ignitions and one starter and if I use the pink/bk wire the way you say I do not need a relay, I just need to program the pink/bk wire to act as a starter. I have an 08 tacoma and any experience with this truck would be a great help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic