icon

2008 lancer gts vss wire.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noodle_gts 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install an aftermarket deck on a 2008 Lancer GTS (without Navi). So far, all the wires are connected except the VSS and the reverse signal wire. I know I can tap the reverse signal from the rear break light, but the VSS wire i have no clue. Thank you for taking your time to read the post.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2008 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have this wire in your harness.  The RED / green or GREEN/ red.  It is the one he is holding.  If you do have it in your harness, that is probably the one.

2008 lancer gts vss wire. -- posted image.

noodle_gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
are you talking about the harness behind the stereo or the ecu?
noodle_gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
I can only find that wire on the ecu, but i am not sure if its a good idea to tap into that??
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  

That wire is on the back of the radio harness.  It is there on the nav unit.  It may not be in the harness on the non nav unit.

Make sure you read the last paragraph thoroughly.  Do you have a digital volt meter?   If so set it to the AC Volts setting, connect the black lead to ground, connect the red lead to that wire in the ECU, drive the car with someone watching the meter for you.  If it is at 0 when the car is still, and it reads a higher voltage that is directly proportional to the speed of the car, that is the right wire.

Make sure you have the meter leads in the correct slot on the meter.  To verify this, set it to DC Volts and connect it across your battery.  If it reads around 12 volts, you have the leads inserted correctly.  If the lead is in the input used by the Amp section of the meter, this will ground the ECU wire and possibly cause damage to the ECU. 

noodle_gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2008 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
I dont see that wire in the stereo harness. Is there any other location where I can tap the VSS wire. I am a little worry about the wire ECU. Dont want to take the chance of damaging the ECU. Thanks for any input !!
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2008 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
the color appears to be RED / green that idiot is showing ,not GREEN/ red, the stripe is always the secondary color, just to clarify. but yes its ok to tap at the ecu,assuming that u know this is the vss circuit wire,unless you want to tap it at the sensor itself
noodle_gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2008 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any other location I can locate the VSS wire?? I been looking around all over the net and I havent found anyone can help me locate this wire ... Thanks for any inputs
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
I thought you found the wire at the ECU.   Tapping into the same wire somewhere else is the same as tapping into it there.
noodle_gts 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
I am worry if I tap the wire, I might damage the ecu. (If the wire is incorrect)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic