the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

center channel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
First of all, since you can't bridge an OTL (Output TransformerLess) ouput, or bridged output, you are not bridged at all... You can't "bridge a bridge". Since the reference is still the same mid-point voltage, with no opposing voltage interconnect or reference, you are simply running the deck at 4 ohms. You would have the same output delivered to the 4" center channel whichever of the 4 front channel wires you used, in whatever combination.
:::::AFTER CLOSER RE-READING:::::
...of the entire thread, I see that i am already explained this to you. center channel - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Long days of work and then longer nights of additional work make me sometimes jump ahead without fully observing... Sorrry kids!
I have a couple of additionals, as well, if you would be so kind as to entertain...
1: The center channel is dead. It never worked well in the car, anyways, as you are OFF CENTER. You can't have a true center channel, unless you put it in your steering wheel. But then, you are creating a whole MESS of additional issues.
2: Look into a good TD. Array your speakers appropriately, and revel in the rock solid center channel, produced within your head.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
getz999 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Well said. You guys are pretty hardcore audiophiles and I appreciate the input.
And I'm not trying to come off as cooky when I said "I more than understand Ohm's Law"
I was simply stating that I have a good understanding of the concept, and can apply it to real world scenarios.
I drive a Saturn...commence insults
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
This ain't your FATHER'S car audio forum! LOL
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
getz999 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Did the word co*ky get word blocked, pwnt...
I drive a Saturn...commence insults
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic