the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

scytek alarm advise needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

the scytek unit is designed to lock the doors at 3500 RPM. if you reach that rpm then the doors will automatically lock(only works if you connect tach wire) . Now, if you have ignition controlled unlocking set ON THE UNIT not the car, when you arrive to your destination, turning the car off (not removing key) the doors will unlock. and it will lock again after you start your car and door is closed.

it also might be locking on its own because it doesnt see that there is a key in the ignition. Make sure you hooked up the ignition sense wire or key sense. this tells the unit to disarm if the key is present.  if you forgot this wire, the car will lock on its own.

noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Are all scytek alarms set up this way to lock the doors at 3500RPM's? I ask this because I have the 5100RS but I have ignition door locking programmed so my doors lock as soon as the car is started and doors are closed. But if I was to program that feature off, does that mean my doors wont lock until I reach 3500RPMs? I do have the tach wire installed btw.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
well that i did on my unit was disable the ignition controlled LOCKING, left ignition controlled unlocking. That way the doors only lock when i reach high speeds and doors will unlock when i turn off the car. This is all prferance, so do what suits you best. RPM locking will vary. I set my tach on a nice hot day where my tach was only about 700. so when i drive or push on it, around 3000 or so it locks. I assume if you set your tach at 1500 for example, the doors might not lock until 4500 rpm.
arm206 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
I played around with the ignition lock/unlock feature of the alarm. When it set to enabled it works as it should (locking and/or unlocking). It has no effect however to the Passive Door Locking function (it still can’t be turned off).
I’m beginning to suspect that the description of this function will be an another serious mistake of the manual - just like it was with the remotes.
Tedmond, thanks for the ideas, anyway.
tedmond 
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
its not the description, it works but its a pain to get that feature to work. its not as easy as DEI products for sure.
arm206 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
Well, two things are “officially” confirmed - I found relevant information in some ScyTek documents.
First: using the Remote Sensors Disable function is not possible with the supplied 2-w remotes - only with the 1-w remotes. Found this in the manual of “4000RS-2W-1 Series”.
Second: remapping/redefining the remote’s buttons is not possible with the supplied 2-w remotes - only with the 1-w remotes. Found this in the manual distributed with the ScyNet software v1.0.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic