alfred 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
please help anyone thanks
alfs
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you have an install issue. You may have a bad connection or a blown fuse on the RS. Test all of your vehicles ignition wires and accessory wires and starter wire to make sure they are all getting power at the proper time during a remote start attempt. Basically you need to test each wire by putting a test light on it and then press the start button and watch to see when the wire gets power. Take your time and look everything over.
I just thought about this; I dont remember anyone asking you what happens when you attempt to remote start the van when the key is out of the ignition. Does it do absolutely nothing? I mean the parking lights should come on, the fans should turn on, etc.
I have read your responses to the questions asked and I have to say it would be nice if you could try to respond in complete sentences and try to explain things in as much detail as possible. The more detail we have, the more easily we can help you. I am sure that your peoblem is just something small that you have overlooked.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
Alfred I forgot to ask you how you made your connections? Did you solder them?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
alfred 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
i checked all the fuses they are all good. the lights flash and it sounds like afuel pump or somthing starts up when you try to remote start the car i have tryed switching ignition 1 and 2 the same thing happens lights flash .this all will happen with the key in  or out  but if i turn the key a little bit foward the car will start. i did solider all connections there are no cold solider joints.iwent threw all the wires each one gets power . ignitio 1 /2  and stater wire power up at start iwent as far as to run a wire off the yellow starter wire at the module to the starter motor it would crank it
alfs
alfred 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
the previos is areply to j rillas questions i went as far also today to return the module.i also found that the ignition 1 wire is the hot wire when i turn the key a little foward and the car starts. the new module did not help.
alfs
alfred 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

thank s for all your help it was a programing problem with the module you must turn off ignition 2during cranking or the car will not start another interesting point is the car will not remote start if you leave the key in the ignition but the the car will run fine after you turn the remote start off with both keys

2003 chevy venture - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.  

alfs
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic