icon

punch 800a to a infinity 1052w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cory21 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

So the REM is definitly the remote starter plug in. The B+ is definitly from the battery.  The two rca plugs from the back of the HU clearly go into the other side of the amp. 

So all that is left is the + and - from the sub box which i currently have in the left rear positive and left rear negative. And the GND assuming thats the ground? So i have that to the car metal. Unfortunately this setup is not working. Unless the sub itself is not correct? 

cory21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
almost positive ive done everything right and still nothing so ive lost hope
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Does the amp turn on?  Did you try connecting the sub to only one channel?
Support the12volt.com
cory21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

No the led doesnt turn on even though ive been trying to get the power wires right. but ive just been trying everything regardless thinking  maybe the light died. Inline fuse in the battery bad even though looks fine and never been used?

What do you mean channel? I plugged the sub into the amp in the LR+ and the LR- also did the LR+ and the RR-. I have a wire to the positive on one side of the sub and a wire to the negative on the other side of the sub, and than another wire connecting the remaining positive and negative on opposite sides.  Also tried removing the connecting wire and just have it go positive on one side of the sub and negative on the other side.... Unfortunately non of that seems to matter since the led light and the amp isnt on.

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, sounds like a dead amp.  If you want to be sure, go to a local car audio shop and ask them to test it for you (might cost a couple bucks.)

Never just randomly hook up wires if you don't know what you're doing.  You could end up picking molten plastic out of your face.  :)

Support the12volt.com
cory21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

yeah i know, i did tons of research and had a friend help out. Just that i just got the amp and gonna suck if its dead.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Have you used a volt meter to determine if the amp is getting power, remote and ground?
cory21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok so we have proven thaqt everything works.. but the problem comes when we get the amp to stay on just by connecting it with the B+ power wire to the battery but than it would never turn of because its always connected to the battery. When we connect the system control from the head unit to the REM like were supoosed to nothing happens at all and the amp doesnt turn on. So what do we have to do for the REM wire coming from the head unit to the amp to get power along the way or whatever it needs so that the amp turns on when the car turns on?
DYohn 
Posted: July 07, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, I had assumed you had checked things like that.  Silly me.  What is your head unit?  Have you measured the voltage on the remote turn-on wire?  Are you sure you used the correct wire from the HU?  Try turning on the radio and see if the amp turns on...
Support the12volt.com
cory21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

i used the only wire other than the amp ground, which i ground, and the dimmer wire. Turns out the only wire other after all the speakers and ipod stuff are them two and a blue and white wire labeled 'system remote control'.  So i figured for sure thats go to be the one considering its the last one and its labeled.  My head unit is a pioneer premier deh-780mp. You mean measure the remote turn on wire coming right out the head unit?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic