icon

speakers and sub shutting off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
exactly what i figured it down to.. im gonna call alpine tonight (prolly closed tho some hopefully tomorrow).. but tonight what i did as a test was just put a jumper wire between the battery wire and my remote wires on my amps and ran that for like an hour of cruising tonight and everything was great.. so its gotta be an issue with my deck output.. gonna call and see if they will replace it and if not i will most likly just throw a wire from battery to amps with a switch (and fuse of course) but my deck should still be under warrenty!!
And i am just gonna have to keep pulling my main battery fuse everytime i turn my car off (till i get my deck fixed) so i dont kill my battery..
But im kinda happy it isn't one of my amps!!
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

That's the last possible thing it could've been.  I'm really hesitant to start blaming the problem on the actual components as most of the time it's the actual install.  In this case i guess the only thing it could be is the remote output from the deck...everything else checked fine so, you're right...good thing it's not the amps. 

You could hook your remote to an accessory wire in the vehicle, that way it turns off when you turn the car off.  seems easier to do it that way.  What kind of car do you have?

Hey DYohn....no exclamation points.....lol

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
its an srt4.. i know tonz of places to run wires for accessory or ignition.. i do tonz of lighting mods in my car so know where to hook em up.. id really rather get my deck fixed tho!!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

joch1314 wrote:
Hey DYohn....no exclamation points.....lol

Koo...  speakers and sub shutting off - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic