icon

give a jolt of electricity to a thief?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doogi0122 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2008 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

that one would work except for two of the three times i have been broken inte the vehicles have been out of my sight....at my parents house

but what if i could set it up to dial the police with it corordinace

its just been a eyeopening expierence my parents live in a very respectable neighborhood

the local police have told me that this really doesnt happen there

they have looked stuff over and told me they would be in touch....

never heard from them

im just getting very discouraged 

i miss my thumps , but i cant hande the thougt of giving my doodie to some donut hole that wont work and wants to steal the good stuff from those of us who work very hard to get what we want .

i have no idea

i mean the first time my lude got it they left my roto-zip so i know that the idiots dont want to work they just want to screw everyone else

all i know is i want my toys back,and 5 minutes alone with the guy(s) but i will guarentee they will be nutless at that point im gonna rip them off by hand

(not bitter just lovein wized)

thanx for all the good ideas

ill have some thinkin to do and i will figure it out soon

later guyz

doogi
audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2008 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
You are talking serious lawsuit if you zap someone.
Crook or little kid trying to grab a ball that rolled under your car, jail time is what you will see before any of your old equipment. A lawyer will eat you alive.
You need to rig things up inside of the car that are only triggered if the car alarm is set off.
Multiple sirens in the cab can do wonders. Alarms are somewhat loud, but put a siren or two inside the cab & tell me you can hear anything after that. Most crooks also strike at night, where darkness can be their friend. Flip that doodie around by fitting your car with some strobes inside. Set them up down low in the car, where shielding eyes wont do anything, and have them flash kinda slow (too fast will light up the car too much). The trick is having it flash fast enough to overload the rods & cones in the eyes without actually illuminating the car, so all they will see is a bright red spot that wont go away & nothing else.
Anyone dumb enough to try to break in will get blinded & deafened, plenty to disorient someone enough to make them rethink their actions. And if not, a blind & deaf crook is the easiest to sneak up on with a bat in hand. (because we ALL know the crack of a bat is more pleasing than the crack of a gun shot)
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
supersix4 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2008 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Four words for ya ...  OC Spray, relays, actuators ...
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
I think it's still entrapment even with less than lethal controls.
For some fun stuff, in school they told us about a guy that rewired his siren to a PA that screamed "help me, I'm locked in the truck" in a female voice. They said it got a lot of attention.
You could also add peizo sirens, and a lot of them. Or if you have a high SPL system, you could liquefy their brains with a loud, low tone. Set up a tone generator and turn your amp. Everyone hates when a car drives by in the wee hours with an obnoxiously loud stereo, it might get more attention than a siren.
Of course park in well lit areas where people are about. Have the vehicle moved daily if your not around. Get a sticker from your local PD or SO for the back glass. Keep anything people want to steal out of sight.
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Utting an onboard mobile dvr with couple cameras and a gps alarm so if the get away at least you got a pic. But if they want to steal the car and not the stuff in the car a kill switch between the igntion and key could work. My favorite I thougt up is a kill switch on the fuel pump simply flick it on when you park the car. They might get a block or so them it will stall and it might be great if the alarm goes on after that lol. But hey the shocking thing sounds cool would be great to see on u tube lol
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
audiophyle_247 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Fuel pump kill switches dont work, as everyone knows you can hear a fuel pump prime before starting the car. If the car doesnt start the problem is pretty obvious when you didnt hear the fuel pump. You need to be smarter than that & there are many systems that need power to allow a car to run that are much harder to diagnose.
Ignition coil interrupt?
Fuel injector interrupt?
ECU vitals interrupt?
Makes for a lot of hard to find problems when trying to steal a car, especially when the one thing they figure is the problem is proved wrong when they hear the pump & smell the gas.
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
audiophyle_247 wrote:
Fuel pump kill switches dont work, as everyone knows you can hear a fuel pump prime before starting the car. If the car doesnt start the problem is pretty obvious when you didnt hear the fuel pump. You need to be smarter than that & there are many systems that need power to allow a car to run that are much harder to diagnose.
Ignition coil interrupt?
Fuel injector interrupt?
ECU vitals interrupt?
Makes for a lot of hard to find problems when trying to steal a car, especially when the one thing they figure is the problem is proved wrong when they hear the pump & smell the gas.
True but nine times out of ten people steal cars cause they want what's in it and it takes too long to take the system out so they take it to a chop shop. Also the car may be stolen to do something illegal or the theif but under the influence of something which means their judgment is inpaired. But on the issue on shocking someone . We used to toy wit transformers that where found in 120ac devices. I would use 3 aa batteries and and a toggle safety switch and a push bottom switch and when the person touches the two contacts they get a shock based on how long the push button is pushed down so if you have an older car put the two contacts on the handles and newer cars I guess under the handle and a copper trip on the back end of the handle I just wouldn't use a drangerious power rating enough for them to stop. I also thought steering wheel. Putting two metel poles then eniguh not to attract enough attention but thick enough to shock them.. Any ideas on the trunk
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
audiophyle_247 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
still_walkin wrote:
True but nine times out of ten people steal cars cause they want what's in it and it takes too long to take the system out so they take it to a chop shop. Also the car may be stolen to do something illegal or the theif but under the influence of something which means their judgment is inpaired.
& you have statistics to back that ridiculous claim up? You have to get the car to a chop shop, and not very many use a hook to snag a ride. (basically what a repo man would use)
I bet if you did a little research you would loose sleep at how smart car thieves are, and how ignorant you are to assume they are drunk fools just trying to get a buck.
Think about it, do you go to work drunk or under the influence when you need the money? No, and I believe you are thinking about smash & grab jobs & petty theft. I agree those are the ones usually not clear headed, but they do not jack cars unless the keys are in it, those are the ones that ransack the insides & use screw drivers to crow-bar a deck out. Advanced alarms can deter these types of crooks, the ones after your entire car are the ones you need to be afraid of. I install & work in ABQ NM, 240 miles from the Mexico boarder. There are a lot of car thefts around this area, and I get a decent amount of people who come back to tell me the alarm I installed literally saved their car/truck from getting stolen. Ford F350's seem to be the biggest target around here, probably because they are so easy to get into ;) (******g Ford & their plastic locks)
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with you about the fords and my stats are wrong and when I wrote under the influence people have stole cars under the influence a addic is an addict. Being under the influence for a theif is nothing . People that are drug abuse drugs become immune to the point they bodies need the drug. Which leads to them into wantng to steal your car. I'm not going to argue with you on stats this posting is to help others detour people from stealing their cars. I've seen cars sitting on bricks with the alarm armed so don't question what I don't and do know. And as for the border in in san diego and the border is a lot closer to me than you and if the theifs wants your car it will make it to a chop shop. Chop shops are disguised as regular gargaes and low budget car shops. I've also seen cars stripped and found in ditches so a theif is a theif if they gotta steal the whole car to get what they want or rip it apart consider it done
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace