icon

Lexus w/RS wheel tilt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
13volt 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2003 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a Python 1500 into a 1992 Lexus SC400 that has the electric steering wheel. You put in the car key and the wheel drops to your favorite position. Take out the key and the wheel goes up. The alarm and RS work great. But when you RS the car and then get inside and place the key into the ignition the wheel will not drop down. You have to turn off the ignition and start the car again and the wheel drops down. I had to deal with this problem years ago. I can't remember how to solve this problem. The key sense is a small yellow wire.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe you could try shorting the wire (by jand at 1st) during the remote start sequence and see if it does it then?
Just guessin. I never worked on a Lexus
p.s. Might try grounding the wire at different times. That might make a difference.
Good luck
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry meant to include that you could possibly use the H3/2 blue/black wire to either direct connect or flip a relay for that wire.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
you need a series of relays to make it work right in the lexus', i can probably did up the wiring schematic if you still need it, let me know if you dont get the info.
13volt 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
If a wiring diagram is available that would be helpful. I tried grounding the wire at different times. The thing that bothers me the most is that I have solved this problem before. I am bad at keeping notes in my tool box.
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
you can go to directechs.com psw 122t and then look at resources there is a directfax document on how to do it. It requires i think 4 relays - alot of work just to not have hit the brake and turn the car on agian.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, the magicone is right, it takes about four relays last time i looked at the notes, the one i have is from directechs, so just go there and find it as "the magicone" said in the previous post

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic