icon

pkg4,need to start to program?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csb41502 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
ive put up a few different posts about this problem.i got an 01 grand prix gt with a passkey problem.i wanna just bypass the passkey so i could start the vehicle because the car wont even start.will the pkg4 bypass the passkey and be able to program without starting the car?i dont wanna put in a remote start,i just wanna get my car started.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Unplug the PKG4 connector then connect the pink and the pink/white wires on the PKG4 connector together. The car will start with the key unless that key has been erased from the car's memory.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
im not exactly following.do i connect everything else and program it first then do those 2 wires or what order do i do everything?
Big Dog 
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

You lost me. Select option 1 or  option 2 from below:

OPTION 1: From what I understand from your post, you would like to start the car with the key. Is this correct?

Then once the car starts with the key, you can come back and we can troubleshoot the system.

OPTION 2: You trying to do a remote car start installation and are having trouble programming the PKG4?

csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
i wanna just be able to start the car with the key with no remote start cause i cant start the car at all.so those 2 pink wires on the pkg4,do i connect them together first or last?and this will program itself before the car starts right?
csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
one more question,where do i hook the brown wire on the pkg4 unit seeing that i am not using a remote start
Big Dog 
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

Looks like your answer is OPTION 1: you just want to start with the key and are not interested in getting your remote starter to work.

Disconnect all the wires of the PKG4.

Now, reconnect the pink wire you cut at the PK3 module in the car. Start car with key. You're done.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
The brown wire needs to go to a wire that shows (-) whenever the ignition is ON. Connect a relay as follows:
86 - ignition wire in main ignition harness. Should be pink. Not to be confused with the pink wire in the PK3 harness
85 and 87 - ground
30 - brown wire of PKG4
Making a new post every couple days about the same thing gets really annoying, and is against forum rules. You end up having to explain everything that was in your original post, and if you don't people get easily confused because they don't know all the background information.
The PKG4 does not require programming, so hopefully it will work and the car will be able to start. We have no idea if it will work though. You could have other problems preventing the car from starting, like a messed up BCM.
csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

jworm,im sorry for reposting a few times.im just so frustrated with this whole situation,i just dont know what to do anymore.thank u for all your help thru this.

bigdog,are u saying to disconnect the whole unit and not use it anymore?im not following what your saying about the pink wires

Big Dog 
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

Let's start over.

You said:

csb41502 wrote:
i dont wanna put in a remote start,i just wanna get my car started.

I understand that you are not interested in getting your remote starter to work, but you just want to start your car.

If that's the case, remove the PKG4. Follow the wires of the PKG4 to where they're connected in the car. Disconnect all the wires of the PKG4 from the car.

You will probably notice that a small pink wire was cut in the car which they connected to the wiring of the PKG4. You need to re-connect this small pink wire which was cut.

The car will now start with the key.

Here's the wiring diagram:

pkg4,need to start to program? -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic