icon

multiple problems, 06 trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2008 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
From what I understand other people have had similar problems when using the GMRC-01(which is designed to give you retained accessory power and door chimes - the factory radio performs those functions via data commands received from the BCM) and some aftermarket doorlock/remote start interfaces(which are necessary because the driver's and passenger doors also use data commands on the same line for lock and unlock, as opposed to dedicated wires like a more conventional car).
I can't seem to find the postings on this problem but I do believe they were from this site.
The problem has to do with the fact that you have two separate aftermarket modules, developed by separate companies, which utilize the factory Class II Data communications - and aren't designed to be compatible with each other.
Some possible solutions:
1. Replace the GMRC-01 with either a different Metra product or a similar interface from a different manufacturer.
2. Do away with the GMRC-01 entirely - have them run an accessory lead to the ignition switch for your aftermarket radio. You'd lose the RAP/door chimes but this might solve the problem.
3. If those features are important to keep - the doorlocks/RS could be approached in a different way. A 555L or equivalent bypass could be used for the remote start which doesn't require connection to the data wire, and wires for lock/unlock could go into the driver's door and be soldered into the circuit board of the driver's lock switch. This is kind of a last resort and should only be done by an experienced installer who's done it before - also if you have any factory warranty remaining on the truck this would probably void it as far as the doorlocks are concerned.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic