icon

2000 silverado won't crank in park

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jown 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I've got a 2000 Silerado and have a Hornet 563t REMOTE START ALARM installed and it's worked great for a couple of years but the last couple of weeks the alarm still works fine but the remote start won't crank with the truck in the Park position but it will crank and start fine in the Neutral position. The truck still cranks and starts fine in either the Park or Neutral Poasion using the key. Also I've noticed the last couple of weeks that when I start the truck part of the time my factory radio resets like the power has been off the battery, is this a Coincidence. I changed the battery about three months ago and it seems strong. Any Ideas

jown 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry about that I don't know what happened but this was what I was trying to say.

I've got a 2000 Silerado and have a Hornet 563t REMOTE START ALARM installed and it's worked great for a couple of years but the last couple of weeks the Alarm still works fine but the remote start won't crank with the truck in the Park position but it will crank and start fine in the Neutral position. The truck still cranks and starts fine in either the Park or Neutral Poasion using the key. Also I've noticed the last couple of weeks that when I start the truck part of the time my factory radio resets like the power has been off the battery, is this a Coincidence. I changed the battery about three months ago and it seems strong. Any Ideas

thunda_hawg 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

perhaps there is a park/neutral safety switch wire in the harness that is disconnected or non-op, check the harness around the shifter and neutral safety switch for a wire from the RS ,that might be it. als remeber to reprogram the tach sense just in case. 

as far as the radio is concerned, just check for loose connections  on the harness around the main fuse box in the engine compartment. I had a 96 suburban that di the same tihn g and it ended up being just a loose socket at the fuse box or you have a crapped out radio which is also common(*cough*delcosucks*cough*)

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
Taylor owes Joe a Sandwich
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Check your grounds.
It's a GM
Seriously.
Won't be the neutral safety switch on the truck, as it works fine with the key.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
jown 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
It turned out the neutral safety switch was going out, it started acting up with the key also. I guess the remote start was more sensitive to the problem. Anyways I replaced it and know it cranks and starts with the remote and the key. As far as the radio goes, I think it's a problem with the radio itself. I had the radio out and hooked a meter to the constant hot wire and started the truck with the meter and the radio both hooked up and shut it off again and repeated a few times. The meter never showed low voltage but the radio did reset a few times during the process. Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic