icon

clarion dxz635mp no sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tunester63 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I had this unit installed a few years ago and everything worked fine. I went out of town last week and left the car in the airport parking lot for 5 days with a sunscreen in the windshield. Now the unit looks like it plays but no sound output. I've pulled the face off and reset the system but still no sound. It appears to tune to new stations and it read Cds, MP3's and WMA's. Everything looks normal except for no sound. Could something have melted? The highest temp the week I was gone was 95.
tunester63
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of car is it in

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
When you got back from the trip, was your battery dead?     Are your speakers connected to the head unit, or do you have amplifiers for all of your speakers?  I am sure that Mobile asked what kind of car so we can figure out if your car has a factory amp that is in use.
tunester63 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
It's a 92 Honda Accord. Battery was fine and everything else on the car works as it should. The speakers are connected to the unit. I didn't change out anything except the unit itself from the factory cd player.
tunester63
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

No factory amp in that vehicle.  I really don't think anything melted because of heat.  The face of the unit would show heat damage long before any of the electrical components would be damaged.

You may need to remove the deck and get it to a repair shop in your area and have it checked.

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
It could be the deck that went bad, or possibly even speakers. I'm not sure about the Clarions, but alot of decks will go into a protect mode if a speaker is blown or grounding out to prevent the amp from frying out.
I would do what idiot said, and get the deck tested. It will be a good starting point.
tunester63 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
It turns out one of the speaker wires had a loose connection and the wire was touching bare metal. A new connector is on and it works fine.
tunester63

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic