Posted: August 06, 2008 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

ok so here is what i have:

1-18" fi fully loaded btl

2-ma audio hk4000d (only running one)

1-kinetik hc2400

all 1/0 guage

jensen in-dash

here is the problem:

bass cuts out at like 3/4 volume sometimes even half volume and wasnt even working until i put in male-to-male rca connectors and a little shorty rca cable going from amp to rca cable that runs to head unit

this system use to be in another truck with a different head unit and battery, worked golden! put in another truck having major problems...

ok first off before i got the kinetik i switched out new rca(ones that were in other truck when working golden), also bought completley other amp(second hk4000d) thought the amp wasnt gettin enough power, i heard those hk4000d are power hungry, so i bought the kinetik...still not working

so to sum it all up having rca signal problems what can it be? headunit? pinched cable? what is the problem?

if there is anything else that you all would need to know let me know

any help is greatly appreciated! thanks

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
First, what do you mean you had to use RCA connectors?  If your cable is too short, replace it with one that reaches.  Second, as to your amp shutting down, it is unlikely to be related to a cable issue if it only when happens when you turn up the volume.  What is the voltage at the amp when it shuts down?  Have you set the gain properly?  What is the impedance load you are placing on the amp?
Support the12volt.com
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Also, what is the ground resistance from the amp to the Kinetic? From the Kinetic to the front battery?
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
badasschevillac 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

i had to use rca connectors because i was just wanting to try to see if it was the rca cable connection to the amp that was not good so i used male to male connectors to connect a different rca cable to the amp to the rca cable that is running to the headunit and it worked so the original rca that is still in place which is connected to the headunit must not have a good connection to the inputs on the amp.

the voltage on the amp is over 12 volts...13.5 approx give or take .2

the amp gains where set correctly before when it was in the other truck. i left them the same but started to mess with them after i put it in the other truck and were having problems. so my gains could need a lil work BUT, when i turn the gain and boost all the way down and turn up the volume it STILL cuts out, same thing when i start to adjust the gain up.

2ohm load on amp, which it is stable at that

badasschevillac 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
and jmelton86 i somehwhat do not know what u are talking about. i've heard of that but just dont know how to check it
badasschevillac 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok so today i set my gains a little better and it somewhat started working better like i can just feel and hear a difference but it still cuts out...maybe its just this amp, maybe thats all its got
badasschevillac 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
k now its getting really weird it was cutting out at even 1/4 volume, i am totally stumped and besides the fact i think i need a new ground for the kinetik b/c i can hear rpm/engine sometimes, not all the time, and when my electric fan turns on, although it seems like it only does it when i first start vehicle up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic