icon

capacitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
"Plus if I got some high output capacitor, there goes my killer gas mileage that I modified my car for."
Let us know when you find a HO capacitor. I would think those 15 killer tweeters would effect your mileage.
Steve Mantz, Robert Zeff, Gary Biggs, the list goes on and somewhere in there is haemphyst!
desolator144 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

in case you missed the correction post since the forum doesn't have an edit button I meant high output alternator.  You don't think the additional power comes from magic, do you?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

The forum has an edit function but only after you attain standard member status.  Please read the forum rules.

Keep it civil, folks.  This thread is headed for locksville.

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
desolator144 you are a new guy here, so perhaps you are not aware that this discussion has happened again and again on this forum.  Please use the "SEARCH" function that appears at the top of each page and research your questions before you post.  Thanks.
Support the12volt.com
lnhiv 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
This is hilarious...I've seen this exact thread about twenty different times on every car and car audio forum I've been on.
Desolator, you will never win this one, trust me.
2003 Chevy Cavalier coupe
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I can't beleive haemphyst brought up ELI the ICE man!!!  lol
DYohn 
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

megaman wrote:
I can't beleive haemphyst brought up ELI the ICE man!!!  lol

What about Mary's Furry Cat and the Left Hand Rule for basic motor/generator theory?  Lenz's Law, anyone?

Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:
I can't beleive haemphyst brought up ELI the ICE man!!! lol
Why? Do you not also use it on an everyday basis? capacitor - Page 3 -- posted image.
DYohn wrote:
What about Mary's Furry Cat and the Left Hand Rule for basic motor/generator theory?  Lenz's Law, anyone?
Never heard of Mary's Furry Cat (but can you intoduce me to her?) The Left Hand Rule, I know. And Lenz's Law, I have HEARD of, but I forget it at this moment.
Electricity is my friend! Anyone ever see (let alone build) a quarter shrinker? I'm still looking for reliable Trigatron plans! DYohn?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Trigatron?  I might have some plans somewhere... I do have a Jacob's Ladder, and I've built a few capacitive discharge welders!

Mary's Furry Cat (or another word for the "c" if you're in the military) is used to remember what gets attached to the thumb (motion) the index finger (flux) and the middle finger (current) when applying the left hand rule.  Lenz's Law describes the torque applied to a current carrying conductor in the presence of a magnetic field, and how current is generated in a conductor moving through a magnetic field.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic