icon

1966 cadillac calais wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pv13 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
My cousin just bought a 1966 Cadillac Calais. The car itself is in good condition, but the interior and electrical are messed up. I already know that I am going to have to re wire all the speakers to the aftermarket deck, but I was just wondering if I can tap into the wires at the back of the am/fm radio for power and ground. Or is it better to just make all new connections.
Also I am having trouble finding a place to mount the cd player. The car has a glove box right in the center, but I was wondering if any one knew of any aftermarket kits they make for these kind of cars.
I would appreciate any help.
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
as far as the wiring goes, it'd be better to just go ahead and run new lines.
as far as finding a new place to mount, someone else will have more insight on that than will I, as I have no idea. Google may turn something up for you though.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

The deck will need to be custom mounted.  There are no kits for that or any other 60's or older cars.  You can get an underdash kit, but in that vehicle I think it would look terrible.

Run new lines for your power and ground.  It's easy to do in that vehicle and then you'll know that your wiring is 100%.

pv13 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
I decided to make a custom piece to fit in the space of the glove box and cover it in vinyl.
I planned on running new wires, but is there a way to get the existing am/fm radio to work as well as the cd player. It is not essential, I just think it would be kind of cool to use it as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic