icon

need pinout for scosche gm1593 harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hdgene 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a Scosche GM1593 for my 2004 Malibu Maxx so I could hook up an aftermarket HU and retain the Driver Info Center. It does not work like it should. It turns on for a few seconds and turns off. I called Scosche tech support and got their standard answer( I know because I got it from 3 guys). One of them mentioned a pink wire being in a certain spot. When I called back to get a pinout, the tech would not help. Gave me some run around and tap dance and said I should buy a new one.
....Anyhow, if anyone has one of these installation kits and it is not too much trouble, could you get me the pinout for the harness.
Thanks,
Gene
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
the wires function is written on the wire itself...
hdgene 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. The function is written on the wires...for the HU, not for the DIC. There are 4 wires that go to the DIC. Two come from the HU, 2 come from the car's wiring harness. Those 4 wires are the ones I am really trying to figure out. There is a pink wire and it's current pin position is an empty position on the car's wiring harness. I believe that may be a start to why it isn't working.
cb11044 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
thats why i buy metra

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic