icon

dei channel 5 output only 0.6v?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Is this right? It says it's rated for 200mA, but shouldn't it be 12V?

This isn't strong enough to trigger my M2 mobile power supply to life....

My M2 runs off the ACC circuit, but I introduced a diode on the line so as not to try and power the entire ACC circuit...

Whats wrong with this thing? Is that enough juice to trigger a relay??

megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
first of all you can't compare 200ma to 12v, it's two different measurements.  You will have to use the output to trigger a relay.  Then you can connect your power supply to the relay.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
It is a (-) output, not a (+) output and it has a maximum capacity of 200mA.  You can drive a relay with no problem with this output, and you may even be able to drive two relays, depending on how much current your relays need.
Kevin Pierson
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
It is a (-) output, not a (+) output and it has a maximum capacity of 200mA.  You can drive a relay with no problem with this output, and you may even be able to drive two relays, depending on how much current your relays need.

Oops! Jeezus, I hope I didn't hurt it trying to power up the + lead...

Okay, relay it is...thanks guys

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Okay...relay installed and working great. However, I programed the Viper to turn on and latch Ch.5 with the remote, and unlatch with the remote as well as unlatch when the IGN goes on and off...

Except I don't see it going off when I toggle the IGN on and off...

It's program feature set #2-11, and according to my manual, 2 chirps (unlock) to select this option.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
The program setting "latched, reset with ignition" doesn't mean that turning the ignition on and then off will activate channel 5. It just means that turning the ignition on will deactivate it if it's already been activated.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
The program setting "latched, reset with ignition" doesn't mean that turning the ignition on and then off will activate channel 5. It just means that turning the ignition on will deactivate it if it's already been activated.

Deactive it? Are you sure?

Here it is straight from the install manual...

"Latched, reset with ignition: Similar to the latched output, this type of output turns on the first time the

Channel 5 button(s) is pressed and turns off the next time the same button is pressed. This type of output
additionally stops and resets whenever the ignition is turned on and then off. "

To me, that sounds like, when it's already activated, it turns off when the IGN is switch ON then OFF...I dunno how you interpreted that it goes off when you turn on the IGN...assuming it's already active...

Anyway, when I toggle it ON with the remote, turn the IGN ON then OFF, it still remains ON...which I don't think it's s'pose to do!

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
My mistake, I was trying to cite from memory and also kind of misunderstood what you were saying. You've got what it's supposed to do.
I would first check your ignition input at the module to make sure it's getting 12V when the key is turned on...if it isn't then recheck that connection.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic