icon

need some stereo advice, 2000 mazda mpv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aalcalan958g 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

I need some help in choose my new set up i want to spend $ 3,000.00.

First  the car i want to install this would be a Mazda mvp 2000 es .

First thing that i'm looking for lcd 7 inches with navigationsystem i need some help in choosing head unit, amp and speaker with also a subwoofer.

What i looking for most important is good sound system with some thump to it.The mvp has 2 tweeter in front .Front door has 6 x 8 and the rear has 2  6x9 with a sub in the rear.

i open to any suggestion.Any help would be appreciated ..I going to have installed professionally.I just want to do my home work before given them my money.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
What do you want to know, specifically?  Did the audio professionals offer a solution that you have questions about?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
aalcalan958g 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

The first thing he offer me was to install hu a clarion VRX785BT

with 2 6x8 mb quartz and 2 6x 9 mb quartz

with a 1500 watts 5 channel amp

aalcalan958g 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

what i really want to know because i been out of this for such alone time is to see what would you put if it was yours system to get some idea from you

and to see what really good out there with new set up.thanks.

jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
aalcalan958g wrote:
what would you put if it was yours system to get some idea from you
I'd spend 3 grand at RadioShack and Newark to build myself a HUGE amplifier, then blow 6X9 cones across parking lots at stray dogs...
But since you're looking for something practical, it's hard to say. My current system is all JBL (4x GTO 6x8's in the doors, 2x GTO1202D's powered by a Grand Touring Series 1201.1 II) but I'm still a fan of Memphis gear, Alpine still makes good head units, and people elsewhere on this board are in love with all sorts of other brands.
I'd spend $100 on gas driving to various local audio shops and just listening to anything they have hooked up. Stand in BestBuy and press the selector buttons, there's always lots of gear hooked up there.
$3,000 is a good amount of money to find something that sounds good, but don't let someone talk you into spending $2,800 of that on subs and a sub amp, when it appears you just want to have good sounding music.
Now if you were wanting to go for strictly balls to the walls loud, $3,000 would be good money to look for just an amp... but you didn't sound like you just wanted to run around and play 42Hz all day.
Audio is pure perception, go out and find what sounds good to you.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i still have the old school jbl titanium coned 6x9 and 5 1/4s, dont make them any more was 300$ just for the 5 1/4s. anyone know where i can get them fixed please pm me. infinity kappa are nice also. as jazzcustom131 has pointed out id look into  jbl they have solid products in my eyes. but you really need to hear your speakers before you buy them?
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
aalcalan958g 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

yeah thanks really i gone thru that faze i just want some good music with some power more quailty than power

i kind of narrow down the head unit to a  Kenwood Excelon KVT-819DVD or Kenwood Excelon DNX8120

would it be better to change the 6x8 in front to some else and 6x9 in the back to a 6inch

and also how is that memphis hy brid 5 channel amp

and what do you think shoul i go with 2 10 sub or 12

aalcalan958g 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

finally i finish doing my system

The hu i went with Kenwood DNX8120(I order the  KCA-iP300V)

and i went with 2 set of component  speaker

in the front i went with Precision Power 356cs 6 1/2" 2-way Audiophile Component System

and in the back iwent with

MB Quart® QSD164 Component System
ADD-ON 6.5" Q Series Mid Bass Kit

amd for the amp i went with 5 channel Rockford Fosgate 25 To LIFE. Power1000

1 ten inch subwoofer orion 1000 watt .

I use 1.0 guage wire to power up the amp with a 3  farad cap..

i did the big three.200A fuse and wire kit  < color=#003399>StreetWires PS00BX 1/0 Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit #468 .rca and wire from need some stereo advice, 2000 mazda mpv -- posted image.

i want  to say that sound coming of system is awesome  .. i couldn't believe how  how clean the  system sound .The bass was so tight it sound better than my friend system with 2 amp and and 2 12 inch with one set of componet speaker.

aalcalan958g 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Picture coming soon.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic