icon

system setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
fuse ratings don't matter...its the actual load on the amplifier and how the gain is set.
Hell I could use a 3000 watt rms amp with 8 gauge if I wanted and be perfectly safe.
blak422 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
But how many amps? Can one amp handle those 3 speakers?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

still_walkin wrote:
The purpose of this forum is to help each other and not get screwed over by going to the shop. If someone is wrong correct them and keep your negitive comments to yourself. So lets all work to help this guy get his intall done;)

That is NOT the purpose of this forum.  This forum is for installers, enthusiasts and the general public to post "questions, comments, and/or answers here about any mobile electronics topic they wish."  It is intended as a place where people can share information, and to promote doing things the right way.  Many times "the right way" means going to a shop.  Many of our members own or work in shops, and I suspect none of them would appreciate being thought of as a place where people get "screwed over."  I think maybe if anyone needs an attitude adjustment, it might be you.

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

blak422 wrote:

One amp can "handle" 3000 speakers if that's what you want to do.  It all depends on the impedance you create through wiring the speakers together.

Support the12volt.com
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

still_walkin wrote:
The purpose of this forum is to help each other and not get screwed over by going to the shop. If someone is wrong correct them and keep your negitive comments to yourself. So lets all work to help this guy get his intall done;)

That is NOT the purpose of this forum. This forum is for installers, enthusiasts and the general public to post "questions, comments, and/or answers here about any mobile electronics topic they wish." It is intended as a place where people can share information, and to promote doing things the right way. Many times "the right way" means going to a shop. Many of our members own or work in shops, and I suspect none of them would appreciate being thought of as a place where people get "screwed over." I think maybe if anyone needs an attitude adjustment, it might be you.

someone is way off topic calm down I'm sorry to distrub you small little world you have. It seems yu have nothing better to do then insult me when I'm trying to help others so have at it I'm going to be the bigger younger man and let it go.
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
DYohn 
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
You obviously missed the point still_walkin.  Please do not come onto this INSTALLER's forum and talk about how much installers and shops screw people over.  And please do not take it personally when you post incorrect information and people call you on it.  Many of us who frequent this forum are pros, and we try to keep the level of information here high.  When you or anyone posts something that is simply wrong, we are going to call you on it.  I suggest if you can't handle that to do your homework and research the information you try to post before you simply post it.
Support the12volt.com
blak422 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

blak422 wrote:

One amp can "handle" 3000 speakers if that's what you want to do.  It all depends on the impedance you create through wiring the speakers together.

well u rlly did not answer my question tho. That amp is rated 1x1600 @ 1ohm, the B12D4 are 600wtts RMS 1400 Maxx, I want to get the most output of those speaker and amp. I personally would try to wire to get the 1ohm outta  the amp but my question is: with one amp can i get the most outta those subs or do am i gonna need more than one?

DYohn 
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
With three DVC 4-ohm subs, your wiring options are found here.  Your best option is 2.67 ohms.  So no, you cannot "get the most" out of your amplifier with three of those speakers.  If you use two of your speakers, you could wire for 1-ohm.  Use the wiring wizard and see.  Now as far as the ratings on your gear, Hifonics is rated *very* generously, meaning it is questionable if those speakers will really handle 600 watts, and depending on your amplifier it is questionable how much power it will put out.  What is the amp?
Support the12volt.com
blak422 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking at the BXi 1608D. So would I b better off with 4 speakers?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
You would be better off with better quality gear but if Hifonics is what you think you need, so be it. You are going to be better of with two subs in this case. More subs does not necessarily mean more bass. This is just a wiz poor match of equipment I hate to say. Wire the subs in a parallel circuit to 1 ohm and keep the gain turned down or the next post we will see from you is "I blew my subs, why?".
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic