icon

press clutch hard turn off car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woeful 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I just installed a viper 5701 on a 2009 scion tc, everything seem to work fine, except one annoying problem.  When the car standing still, everytime I press the clutch all the way down, the engine would seem to about to turn off for a second, if I keep pressing and let go, it would eventually shut down.  If i press only 3/4 way down (enough to change gear), nothing would happen.  I have checked all my wire connections, they are all solder and seems to be in good condition.

I solder the 3 constant 12v wire (12v input for ign1, ign2, and starter 2) wired up to the red constant wire at the ignition switch, could this be the problem? the weird thing is when the car is in motion, pressing the clutch all the way down doesn't affect anything... please help me out if you know or ran into this problem before, tia.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
How did you get around the clutch? (how did you bypass the clutch)
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
did you run any wires close to the clutch mechanics under the dash?
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  

sorry to mention, i haven't got remote start install yet, was still waiting for the xk05 being deliver.  BUT I FOUND THE ISSUE press clutch hard turn off car -- posted image.press clutch hard turn off car -- posted image.press clutch hard turn off car -- posted image., omg been so stressful all day at work.  I wired the flex 2nd ignition/2nd starter/2nd accessory to the 2nd starter wire on the car (programable), and no matter what I program it to, the problem still exist, finnaly cut the wire and went the relay route instead.  THX so much for input :)

oh btw, if I am using the output from the alarm for the xk05, how do wire up the clutch?  I search and found you need a relay, anyone know which wires goes where?  only clutch and bypass left, then I am done.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

Connect your starter output from the viper to a grey/black in the drivers kick. There are 2, use the one that shows GROUND if your foot is

on the clutch or not. Test them BOTH to be sure. This will bypass your clutch.

Make sure you follow all of the safety features on the install.

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

So I wired up relay like this: ground to 30, 87 to clutch, 86 to 12volt, 85 to ground output (blue wire) when remote start from alarm.  I start my car, apply brake, emergency brake, set it into remote start mode, turn key off, take key out, car still running, hit the arm button on remote, car arm and shut down.   Wait 20 seconds, hit the remote start button on remote, alarm try to start the car but unsuccessful 3 times, starter wouldn't even crank.  and now my car wouldn't even start any more even with the key.

I checked constant 12volts, Ignition wire when key turn to start position, starter wires when start, ground when clutch is press.  They all have power, but the car won't crank.  Now i can't get to work tomorrow:(, any help would greatly be appreciate.

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Uh oh, check your immobilizer connections.
woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

I NEVER BEEN SCARE/MAD/FRUSTRATED AT THE SAME TIME IN MY LIFE.  But yeah man, that's what i thought too, thought i damaged the ecu, turn out I blew up the starter fuse.  I wired the relay to the clutch to receive ground from the car chasis (BAD BAD BAD), and it keep blowing up the starter fuse.  I de-solder all the remote start wire and decided to just going with the alarm.  I give it another try yesterday, this time it get ground from the other wire from the clutch, and it start beatifully, well almost, I have to leave my key in the car, haven't got time to hook up the xk05 yet.  PLEASE if anyone have an 08 or 09 tc and know the wires to cut from the ecu, PLs post!!!

For the xk05, what is the ignition wire for? and if I hook up both imi, do i need to hook up imo too?

btw, for future reference.  the wire you want from the clutch is the connector with yellow and black wires.  Black is constant ground, yellow is ground when press clutch.

woeful 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
I finally manage to get everything to work except one problem (always). The heater doesn't work with remote start. I connected the orange ( accessory output) wire from remote start to grey wire on ignition switch, I checked and there is voltage on that wire during remote start. So what could be wrong? heater works with key, is there a setting on the remote start I missed?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
The 08 has 2 Ignition wires.  It sounds as though this might be your problem.  Using your meter, look for a second wire that is also hot when the ignition switch is in the on position.  You may need to power that wire also.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic