press clutch hard turn off car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
albertatech 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

woeful wrote:
I NEVER BEEN SCARE/MAD/FRUSTRATED AT THE SAME TIME IN MY LIFE. 

I was mounting a roof antenna once in a chev and they have these little plugs to hold the liner up in the back, I had to take them out to drop the liner. So I got it dropped about 5 inches and then my boss called me over to give him a hand with something and I went back to work. I drillled my hole in the roof and went to run the wires. I looked in the cab and just about puked cause there was a big hole in the liner. Turned out, of course, it was for one of the plugs but im always nervous about hitting the liner. LOL damn was that a nervous moment.

Another time was after I installed a power inverter in my uncles work truck. He called about a week later from 600 miles away all upset that his truck had started on fire. I was just new to installing stuff then and had forgot to fuse protect the inverters power wire. Burnt a hole in his carpet under the passenger seat and burnt through the power wire. No more damage fortunately. We got it all fixed for him but I never talked ot him again for about 2 months cause he can be a hard ass and I was nervous on how that would go. I was afraid my favorite uncle was gonna disown me. When I did finally he took me aside and said,

"You know why Im not mad at you? I saw that you learned. If you learned nothing from it I would have been mad but you did and you will never make that mistake again."

Wise words really, and everything has fuses now. EVERYTHING. It helped that he had a job as an installer and hooked up the siren in a cop car once and forgot a fuse. Instead of burning a hole in the carpet, he filled the cop car with smoke and did alot more damage. LOL

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic