icon

91 honda civic, viper, remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ls/vtec 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I'm New To The Whoel Forum Deal. I Read The Rules And Think Im Posting In The Right Section...

I have a 91 Honda Civic I just recentley installed a old Ungo Pro Security SR-5000 Unit that I had laying around. I have everything in and working except the remote start! The car will start and then die like 3 seconds later. I have the Brake Switch properley wired and everything else as far as I know. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks Alex.

basketthis69 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
i know on DEI r/s's you have to set it to voltage sense and low voltage. don't know about yours. you may have to run the tach wire, if you haven't already.
Installer for life.
ls/vtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

basketthis69 wrote:
i know on DEI r/s's you have to set it to voltage sense and low voltage. don't know about yours. you may have to run the tach wire, if you haven't already.

Yes I already have the tach wire hooked up. I un-hooked it and it wouldn't start at all. So the tach wire is good.

ls/vtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper Alarm. Not sure of the model of hand. But today it stopped sending a chrip to the siren when I arm and dis-arm the alarm. And the l.e.d is on constant whenever the ignition does not have power!  Does anyone know what this could mean???   Thanks for any help!!!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like valet mode to me. Do the locks still lock and unlock with your remote?unfortunately I don't know remember how to get a DEI system out of valet. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

Open the drivers door and press lock, unlock lock I believe.

I know the door has to be open and a certain button combination has to be pushed.

Kevin Pierson
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

lock unlock lock with door open

i find if you press the buttons to quickly it dosn't work

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
LOL funny how he automatically thinks the Alarm is fried.......Yes, Lock, Unlock, Lock with the door open will bring everything back to normal.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
LOL funny how he automatically thinks the Alarm is fried.......Yes, Lock, Unlock, Lock with the door open will bring everything back to normal.

ahhh, cmon, man. thats not cool. i mean....thats why he's here asking us right? he just didnt know and he's looking for some help from someone who does. none of us were just "born" knowing any of this, or just got it through reverse osmosis or something.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Well, if you think about it "fried" to me means nothing works as in burned.  He mentioned his door locks worked and the LED was on.  On top of that you probably can do a SEARCH on the LED constant all the time and find the answer to his question.  Either way it is funny.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic