icon

dynamatting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

This stuff is really expensive and I cannot afford to do the whole car at once, question is, what is the best place to start and then move to next? to get the most effectiveness

also, Stevdart............that sheeting you used in your car from McMaster, I live in Arizona, do you think it will stand up to that kinda heat? I don't usually but the "ASPHALT" sented air fresheners.

Phreak480 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
there are products other than Dynamat. i am in the middle of doing my entire truck (quad cab pickup) with edead. i'm sure others cna chime in with additional alternatives
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
you can try the eDead V1SE^2
04nata 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

04nata wrote:
also, Stevdart............that sheeting you used in your car from McMaster, I live in Arizona, do you think it will stand up to that kinda heat? I don't usually  buy the "ASPHALT" cented air fresheners.

edit

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
04nata wrote:

04nata wrote:
also, Stevdart............that sheeting you used in your car from McMaster, I live in Arizona, do you think it will stand up to that kinda heat? I don't usually  buy the "ASPHALT" cented air fresheners.

edit

...oO( scented )

dynamatting -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
04nata 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
duh, I can't even spell SCENTED in 2 tries
frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

to actually answer your question, I would start with the doors, unless you are a trunk rattlin mofo from da wesside, then please do your trunk...for your neighbors sake.

Seriously, the doors are about the only thing that I have done in my last couple cars. I filled most everything else up with expanding foam insulation.

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I still have the car that I installed that stuff in.  Haven't smelled asphalt for 4 years.  But I didn't skip (too many) steps when I installed it, either.  I helped the glue a little by using a quick spray of 3M 77 directly to the sheet metal, and made sure that I wiped the metal clean first.  I didn't go that extra mile by cleaning the metal with denatured alcohol, but that is a step that will ensure best adhesion.  For the rolling, I used a heavy steel seam roller that I used to use in paperhanging.  I don't think it's the heat of the day that will cause failure...I think it's the installation of the product.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
04nata 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
cool, thanx, that will work good since I just got learnded on how to remove my door panels. Then on to the trunk, and no frozenuts, only the license plate, just a bit
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
I did peel and seal from home depot over my floor and pillars. I had a slight asphalt smell for a day or so. My alarm has shown just over 116 degrees in cab.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic