icon

power invertor to jumper pack

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Why can't u jump it I'm saying to have it charge when the car is on have a relay or switch wired into the invertor so when its charged turn it off and if you need to use it unplug it from the plug from the invertor use it then plug it back up
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
no need for the inverter...while the engine is one the alternator would charge the battery...wire an on/off switch to the remote lead of the relay.
When the engine is off the rear battery would be isolated from the front...if you want to give it a jump just flip the switch give it a second and crank it...crank it too much and the relay will get damaged.
why would you need an inverter??? What does 120volts AC have to do with a 12 volt battery??
frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

anybody else remember when you could understand what "still_walkin" was saying without rereading his posts three times?

Are you ok dude? Your typing has gone way downhill in the past year or so. I was away for a while (thanks) and remember being able to understand you much easier. I am not trying to come off like a butt or anything, I am honestly concerned. Sometimes stuff like that is an indicator of health problems, or maybe I have been watching too much "House".

As far as needing the inverter goes, Maybe the jumper pack that he uses only charges through AC.

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
frozenuts wrote:

anybody else remember when you could understand what "still_walkin" was saying without rereading his posts three times?

Are you ok dude? Your typing has gone way downhill in the past year or so. I was away for a while (thanks) and remember being able to understand you much easier. I am not trying to come off like a butt or anything, I am honestly concerned. Sometimes stuff like that is an indicator of health problems, or maybe I have been watching too much "House".

As far as needing the inverter goes, Maybe the jumper pack that he uses only charges through AC.

Maybe you are watching too much tv, and no need for the insults. I don't proof read someone of my post and usually when I'm writing these post I'm in traffic and I have the keyboard on my phone memorized but I make a mistake here and there. This is what I was asking. I was wondering if anyone has wired a portable jumper pack to the cars electrical system. The layout I came up with is from the fuse box or battery wire up a power invertor to the the jumper pack and install a switch so when the jumper pack is charged you don't have to unplug it. Someone told me to go with two batteries but I just redid my trunk and I'm not going to modify it to fit another battery when I already have a spot for my jumper pack. And no I don't have any isues with my charging system. The reasoning for this post is a just incase situation. So can one help me or has it been done thanks
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
aznboi3644 
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
all a jumper pack consists of is a small sealed AGM battery in a case with two wires and clamps...why don't you buy a small sealed battery and just wire it up parallel to the front battery with a 200 amp HD relay. A lot simpler than messing with a jumper pack.
FrozeNutz what you are thinking about with an inverter to charge the jumper pack is like converting 120volts AC in your house to 12volts DC and back to 120 AC again.
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Well I didn't know that. It seems easier but then I like to take the hard road sometimes thanks guys
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
aznboi3644 
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
the hard road is the less effective road if you want to take it
frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
still_walkin wrote:
frozenuts wrote:

Are you ok dude? Your typing has gone way downhill in the past year or so. I was away for a while (thanks) and remember being able to understand you much easier. I am not trying to come off like a butt or anything, I am honestly concerned. Sometimes stuff like that is an indicator of health problems, or maybe I have been watching too much "House".

Maybe you are watching too much tv, and no need for the insults. I don't proof read someone of my post and usually when I'm writing these post I'm in traffic and I have the keyboard on my phone memorized but I make a mistake here and there. This is what I was asking. I was wondering if anyone has wired a portable jumper pack to the cars electrical system. The layout I came up with is from the fuse box or battery wire up a power invertor to the the jumper pack and install a switch so when the jumper pack is charged you don't have to unplug it. Someone told me to go with two batteries but I just redid my trunk and I'm not going to modify it to fit another battery when I already have a spot for my jumper pack. And no I don't have any isues with my charging system. The reasoning for this post is a just incase situation. So can one help me or has it been done thanks

As stated, I was not trying to be insulting. Trust me. It will be much more obvious when I am insulting, which the mods can verify (and then delete my posts). I have had friends that have developed serious problems, and the first thing that I noticed was in their written communication. I respect you as a person that uses this board for what it is for, and not just one of the lazy people that come on and ask "which onez better, the audiobahn or the power coustic" and then get wized when they are told that they both are crap. You are obviously here to better yourself as an installer, and as this thread has indicated, you are willing to help others out. I wish you the best of luck on your most recent project, and please keep us posted on the final decision.

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic