icon

cant program ps st alarm/remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
linedriver 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
i recently just bought a polar start alarm/remote starter combo model PS7450TW and attempted to install it myself on a skyline.
i wired everything to the best of my ability, so i actually went and found the proper inputs and outputs with a DMM and along with the help of a 240sx wiring diagram since it was so similar(i didnt take this diagram too seriously, but its very close to the skyline). i left out a few options like the starter kill, anti grind,glow plug input since im not diesel, negative door input cause im using the positive one, arm/disarm, lock/unlock(for now), and the trunk output from that one harness. on another harness, im not using the negative parking light output, priority door output, aux2 output, and trunk input.
so that leaves me with just the bare essentials. ive got all my main power wires figured out, and they are 100% correct because they are the same as a 240sx, and i verified them through the DMM. the tach input is correct because i checked it out with my ECU pinout, and ive used that wire in the past for when i had my AFC installed. my brake switch is wired up correctly because it goes from 0V to +12V when i used a DMM and pressed the brake. the hood switch is hooked up properly cause its hard to mess that up. the handbrake input that was formerly connected to my turbo timer. as far as i know, i didnt cut any corners at all except for the wires that i cannot put to use and tied off to the side.
so when i finally powered up the unit by plugging the ignition harness together, the siren started going off, so i temporarily disconnected it. i then proceeded to do what the manual states do to which is hold the hood pin for 4 seconds and release at which point the parking lights should be on. so i pressed it for 4 seconds, and released it, but the parking lights didnt go on, so i went ahead and rechecked the connection, and it was the right one. so i figured i may as well tri programming it anyways, but it doesnt seem like the module is responding to programming at all.
can anyone provide me with any advice on what may have gone wrong with my install?
albertatech 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
You said your not using the negative parking light wire, you are then using the positive one right? You mentioned almost every wire but nothing about a positive parking light wire. Just making sure :) Also I seen a hoodpin mounted in plastic one time instead of metal, and since plastic isnt very conductive it didnt work very well so they can actually be screwed up, lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic