08 nissan altima airbag problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gen32 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

hello

has anyone has had a problem with the air bag warning light flashing after a install ?

i installed a amp and sub in my 08 nissan altima and i used the cig lighter for ACC and i got a signal from the radio.

the only thing that i unplugged from their connection was the cig lighter plug, the plug that lights up the shifter postion , on top where the pass air bag light is and the hazards, and the key holder plug and the trunk release button.

i checked to see if that pass air bag kill light works and it does

i checked around to see if any plugs were pulled accidently and none i can see so far

the car run fine i just started showing the air bag sysmbol flashing

any help

thanks

eric

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

The airbag system will trigger a fault if the ignition is turned on with any of the components disconnected, this includes the airbag switches or lamps.  Here's a little reset procedure, but this will only work it the fault has been corrected.

They're usually pretty particular about the timing, so a watch might be necessary to get the timing right it you're not good oon keeping time in your head.

AIRBAG LIGHT RESET/DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

From User Mode to Diagnosis Mode:
Diagnosis mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by turning the ingition switch as follows:
1. Turn ignition switch "ON".
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within 1 second.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times.
5. Turn ignition switch "ON".
SRS will enter Diagnosis mode, if no malfunction is detected.
From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode:
After a malfunction is repaired, turn ignition switch "OFF" for at least one second, then back "ON". Diagnosis mode is returned to User Mode.
If Switching Diagnosis mode to User mode is required while malfunction is being detected, turn ignition switch as follows:
1. Turn ignition switch "ON".
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within one second.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times.
5. Turn ignition switch "ON".
**HOW TO ERASE SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS**
Without Consult-II:
After a malfunction is repaired, switch the ignition "OFF" for at least one second, and then back "ON". Diagnosis mode returns to the User mode. At that time, the self-diagnostic result is cleared

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
gen32 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

hello

sorry i took so long 

but ,thank you very much  it really helps !!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic