icon

i am far from perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

As the subject states, I am far from perfect.  I don't have a mug that says "world's best speller", and my nickname is not "captain grammer", but I try. I also have not been in school since 1992, so I am not sure if they still teach English, reading comprehension, typing, or anything else that might help 95% of the posters here actually get a response. Everyone that is posting here has to be at least 16 (unless the driving age is less in Mozambique or whatever non-United States country you may be in) which means they have probably made it into high school. If they still teach English, that means at least 9 years of learning how to communicate effectively. If English is not the official language of the country that you are posting from, then this rant is not about you, as you are lingusticly superior to me (and about half of Americans). I am not going to single anyone out, not going to use names, but some of the excuses for the complete lack of consideration I have seen here and on other forums are as follows.

"I posted my question from my cell phone while driving."  wthOMGBBQ!!!!!11!!!  As a moto rider, I realized why I almost get taken out on a daily basis after reading that excuse. Put the phone in your pocket before I put it in your... you get the picture. You won't be able to hook up your 15 audiobling capacitors while driving, so I think you can wait to post while driving.

"I am not good at typing"    Neither am I. Take your time. Focus. No wonder you can't figure out the settings on your (amp, radio, toaster) You probably rushed through the installation, and didn't even open up the manual. You put the toast in the slot and press the lever down. If you smell smoke, you didn't fuse the bread at the battery.

"I aM GanGstA sO i Tipe ganGsTa"    Nuff said. Please don't shoot me Clarence Goldstein from Beverly Hills. In his defense, "CeeGold" earned his street name by bringing 21 items through the express lane at "Lucky"

"what do you care fgt just help me and aswer teh question dat i asked you why do you hav e to always judgeme"     If we can't read your post, we can"t help you.

There. I feel better. Back to the car audio forum to see how right I am, and the count down to this post getting deleted / me getting banned has begun...

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

banned? I doubt it.  You didn't single anyone out, it was just a general comment about posting on the forum.  Funny thing is, I always think the same thing, I just haven't put it up on the forum.

I can't stand reading....er... TRYING to read a post and think, "what the #$% is this guy talking about?"

Next post.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
You know what else bothers me - people who can't take the time to address or sign Emails.  Our society has gotten so informal over the years and its embarrassing.  If some guy I don't know sends me an Email and asks me a question I don't even know how to start the reply Email as I don't have a name to put before that comma!
Kevin Pierson
frozenuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

I just ran into something like that. I found out about a potential job through a different forum, and he sent me a pm with his contact number and email with his company... no name. I felt kinda silly calling up, getting a machine and leaving a message for "FoolishMortal" and refering to myself as Frozenuts... "Hi this message is for foolish mortal. My name is Max but you might know me better as Frozenuts on BARF...."

Not the greatest first impression, but he loved the resume, so with any luck I will be out of this backwards run hellhole in a couple weeks...

By backwards run hellhole, I mean frys, not the12volt.

Please don't ban me.

I usually just address the person based on my first impression if they don't give a name, so something like "Dear unnamed dude with a problem" might be a good one for you to use... or "Evil Unknown"... you know, something formal...

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

Frozen, Which frys do you work at? i am sup at 44 in oxnard , ca

you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

wouldn't that be funny if he said "yeah, I know, you're my sup moron!" lol 

I was gonna say something else but I figured I'd keep it clean.

My ex-sister-in-law (short story) gave me her resume a few years back and wanted me to look it over.  I asked if this was her final draft and she says yes.  There were so many grammatical errors it was like reading a high-schooler's resume.  After giving her my critique she never asked me again, and her e-mails are never cohesive enough to figure out what she's talking about.  Scary thing is, she has a degree, with honors.

But since I'm still a new member on here, I'm beginning to become exhausted with people who post questions that make no sense.  Or, they will post incomplete questions without giving the right details.  "I have a 3500 watt amp, is it too big?"  no, but the question is too vague.

frozenuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to step down as the sup at 24 in concord. I say trying because I stepped down two weeks ago, handed a written declaration of my desire to be a full time installer (I have been making less than my installers due to the lack of sales staff and the 10% pay cut I got for my two year anniversary.) and they have not acknowledged my request. They will probably fire me after inventory, since that is what they did to our old camera sup last year. Did I mention that they still have not replaced the camera sup? Or the Audio sup that quit 6 months ago? Or the computer DM that quit at least 6 months ago. I am going to be the only installer after today.

The AV DM quit due to a heart condition that he did not have when he started the job. The Appliance DM quit for the same reason. Both of their doctors blamed the stress on the new store manager.

I won't go into detail on the 4 payroll issues that I have had in two years either.

/endrant

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I got a headache......what should I do?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Take 2 Qu***udes and call me in the morning.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hear hear! I usually loose it with these people, Kar Tune man will deliver some finely tuned sarcasm and either Chris Wallace or I am an Idiot will rationally take them apart. There is a certain gentleman from Trinidad and Tobago (where they have a wonderful traditional education system with discipline and the three R's) who is succint and bright but who lapses into gangsta rap and uses da instead of the, my other peeve are the ones who come up with the latest models asking advice. If it has the same body shell as previous models why on earth can't they take THAT info and test? General peeve against those who ask advice without checking to see if that topic has come up already. Cheers Howard. PS I get "keyboard dyslexia"  because I thinking faster than I can type. Simple answer? Proof read before posting.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic