icon

i am far from perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ref what we've discussed, there's a post today, need MG.F wiring, it's the way he asked the question which made me turn on the sarcasm/ridicule, can't these people even look and check for themselves?  It's like stop everyone, you're duty bound to lead me through this,  will someone please agree/disagree with me? Look people no spelling errors or typos, I engaged brain and checked for once.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

ha, yea i agree. i saw that post as well. at least your able to give an exact answer to an exact question Howie. Any time i ask a question i get every flippin answer EXCEPT the answer to the question i asked. i am far from perfect - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~110908

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
How did we ever achieve our results back before instant knowledge bases, why have I got loads of Cliff/Viper/West coast T shirts? It's for finding things out!  I went to the coast to do this job lovely people lovely young German Shepherd, played with him for hours, found on-site that the remote held the transponder chip not the key found all the connections, I've pointed him in the right direction, let's see how good he is. I think the way he asked the questions got up my nose!! Apart from the fact that any amateur*  in the Greater London area is taking the food from my mouth. *If he was a pro, he would have contacted DEI or had access to adatabase, he's just being lazy. New name for these people, LAMS (lazy amateurs)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  
CK, that one you responded to, "where to mount the anti grind relay" that's a LAMS question if ever I saw one......
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
oh yes. but think about it, theres even worse........."what remote start should I get?"..........."what bypass do I need"........."am I gonna need any diodes, relays, extra parts?" "whats better, tach? or voltage monitoring?" all LAMS stuff. funny thing is........aren't those the most common questions we see on here Howie? How about a "most commonly asked question" thread? anybody want to start one?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yes who's got the courage, "stupid moronic questions for which you should enter the search button first or even engage brain." Bit long winded but that's the working title then there are those who open up "So I or  Well I" So f******g what so have we many many times. T&T... Darren you've got a LAMS with that Windstar that's why Lone Ranger was so short with him, it's a straight sympton of no tach connection.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

that would be a good title for it. the worst LAMS questions are the ones like "How do I install my remote start?"

something to which there is no straight answer to in the first place, and then make it impossible to get any type of answer by just stating it like that with no mention of what type of vehicle or remote start. and then reply back to the post with "Anybody?"

those should just be deleted.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

here's a LAMS, guy posted saying he just installed his starter, but it won't remote start, and he notices he gas light is on,i am far from perfect - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

replied telling him to put some gas and try again, he never posted back, hmmmm, wonder what the outcome was, lol

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Wow...I just noticed this post today. I really need to read something other than just what shows up on the RSS feed for Car Security and Convenience. Thanks Howie for the shoutout in an earlier post.
As far as the original post, a few thoughts:
1. Firefox is free, light-years beyond Internet Explorer in terms of features and ease of use, and doesn't have the problems Netscape did in the past resulting from IE's integration with the Windows operating system(at least with XP and Vista).
Among the great features of Firefox 3 is a built-in active spell check for forum posts, which has caught many an error on my part. It tends to mark technical words as erroneous, but those are easy enough to ignore.
2. It cannot be stated enough that this is a forum, NOT a chatroom. You are not going to get an instant response, but there is basically no limit to how much typing you can do in a post. Therefore, you need to put as much information as possible in your original post, and organize it so that others can read it easily. I know I almost never bother responding to questions which are disorganized and vague, and I'm sure the other experienced installers do the same. We don't have that much time to waste.
3. Good spelling and proper use of language are not traits limited to academic and business elites(maybe 10 people on this site could remotely come close to that category, yet somehow good language abounds). They have a purpose which should be blindingly obvious, namely, to enable people to communicate ideas more easily.
If you type and speak in a manner that only your closest friends and family can understand, you won't communicate with everyone else on this site.
If you don't communicate, you'll have many fewer people thinking about how to solve your problem, which obviously drastically reduces your chance of getting a solution. So which is more important - solving your problem or convincing your friends you're not "elite"?
howie ii wrote:
There is a certain gentleman from Trinidad and Tobago (where they have a wonderful traditional education system with discipline and the three R's) who is succint and bright but who lapses into gangsta rap and uses da instead of the...
Spot on...did you notice the quote on my Facebook page about the matter of education?
I think education is a huge problem, in America and probably in the UK. When our public schools can consistently graduate students who have higher self esteem than anyone else in the developed world and lower substantiated results, what does that say? It says to me that the schools are just lying to the students year after year. And that people can think highly of themselves despite their lack of ability to do anything useful.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention - for once I agree Howie's national chauvinism, specifically on the matter of baseball. But then again I live in the home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Also, ironically enough, my screen name is "gangsta" in origin. I think I've come a long way in 6 years.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic