icon

viper 5900 in '06 yukon denali

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
milleradam 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

OK.  I found out how to eliminate the headlights flashing during remote start, but cannot enter into the features menu because the alarm still does not see the doors since the 457g module is not working.  Do I have a bad module or is there a known problem with it and I just need to apply a work around?  Should I replace the module?  If so, should I get the crimestopper GM-SL module instead?  I have read that it will control a bunch more things than the 457g does, two of which are the heated seats and the drivers seat position memory.

Please can someone help me find the solution to my problems so I can wrap this install up this weekend.

Thanks.

Adam

milleradam 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I think I am narrowing down my problems.  I am not sure if I have the 457gw hooked up properly.  Currently I have the light green wire from the 457gw connected to the green wire @ pin 3 of the door lock harness from the 5900 brain.  I have the blue wire from the 457 gw connected to the light blue wire @ pin 1 of the door lock harness from the 5900 brain.  These may not be correct.  Where should they be connected?  Should they be connected to H2/4 and H2/6 from the brain?
tweak master 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
your door lock wires are correct. Sometimes the 457g will "fall asleep" if there is no activity on the databus. make sure the purple wire is SOLDERED to the purple wie, pin2 at the obd2 connector. Try closing and then opening the door and cycling the ignition the "wake up" the databus and see if a ground appears on the door trigger output (green) wire. You could temporarily ground the green wire on the main harness of the viper for programming purposes. If the r/s does not engage... have you learned/connected tach? Does the security light on the dash flash when you try to r/s? If so the 457 has still not programmed. If not, tach start is default and since you have not entered programming it is stll in tach mode. hook up the tach PURPLE / white wire to any non common wire at any fuel injector. Start the car with the key and hold down the valet switch until the led lights solid. I would not recommend anything crimestopper. You must hook up the browm second accessory wire. Use the small orange wire on the r/s relay pack (4 pin plug) to trigger your relay.
milleradam 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2008 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all of the answers and tips.  I did not solder the purple wire at the odb connector but will do that tomorrow.  Tach has been learned.  The brown accessory wire is set up off a relay triggered by the pink wire instead of the orange wire.  Is that alright?

The 457g has not been programmed because I cannot get the light to turn on at all.  I hold down the button but nothing happens.  Does this mean that the module is bad or can it not respond to programming if there is a bad connection.  I have tested the 12v red wire and the ground and they seem fine to the bypass module so it is not a power problem.

As for the grounding out the green wire on the main harness, are you talking about the main harness to the brain or the main harness of the 457g?

tweak master 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
The brown accessory needs to be powered as an accessory. The pink is ignition. It might set a code in the obd2 system. Im not sure. I would hook it up to the small orange accessory output of the relay pack. I meant to temporarily ground the green door trigger wire of the alarm for programming purposes. That will let you into programming, since the 456g is not providing a door trigger output because it is not programmed.
milleradam 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I gave up on the 457g module and ordered a 1700g instead.  It came in on Friday, so I hooked it up and now I have control of my door locks and can see the module working (I was able to program it as the directions stated).  I still am having 2 issues though.

1.  The remote start is still not working.  It tries but will not start.  I am wondering if it is because I am hooked up to the wrong keysense wire.  I understand it is a lt. green wire at the ignition harness, but I dont know how to test to make sure I have the right one.  Currently, while sitting in the car I can arm the system, wait a few minutes to make sure nothing is bypassed, and then put the key in the ignition without triggering the alarm.  Should it go off if I am connected to the correct keysense wire?

2.  I still do not have a good door trigger signal.  I cannot enter the programming menus.  I also can arm the alarm while I am sitting in the car, wait a minute or two to make sure all bypassed zones are rearmed, unlock the drivers door manually, and open the door without triggering the alarm.  Can it be anything other than a bad connection from the 1700g and the brain?  I think the connection is solid.  I did solder it.

Once these are fixed and working correctly, I think I will be done for awhile.  I still want to get the memory seat working with disarm, the rear defroster working with remote start, and the heated seats working with remote start, but I need to know the correct wires to connect to and can try to get that hooked up later.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

milleradam 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

Anybody out there?  I dont want to nag, but I am stuck.  I dont know what to do.  Yes, I can ground the door trigger wire out so I can get into the programming menu, but that is not correct and will not make the system work as it is supposed to.  I think I will have some time tomorrow to work on it, but just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Help me obi-wan kenobi.  You're my only hope.

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
well the 457g is alright but it did have its flaws, i reccomend you using the 1700g, theres still plenty of them out there, or the xko1, the 457 had numerous problems on it, you sometimes have to add a relay to supply better negative, to the status input wire, if not it wont even remote start, but if you say the light is not coming up, well seems either you have a bad connection somewhere, or the module is faulty.  another thing i did not like about the 457g is that i had two customers saying that after exchanging the battery on their trucks the alarm wouldnt work, so we had to re-program the darn modules, i brought this up at a D.E.I course and i guess i wasnt the only one. but i would really consider the 1700g, or the xko1 theyre a breeze to install and less headaches.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
milleradam 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.  I have already switched to the 1700g, but am still having problems with the door sense not working properly.  And I dont know if the keysense is hooked up to the correct wire either.  Remote start is not working.  It tries, but does not start.

Anyone else with any advice?

tweak master 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
sometimes the data on the 1700 will "fall asleep". Try opening the door and closing it a few times or using the factory keyless to wake up the data line. Then see if the door trigger works. The rear defrost wire is negative and you dont need a relay. It is a white wire at the gray(left) plug at the bcm. Program your second status (small blue/white) to latched 10 min and tie it into the white wire at the bcm. the indicator light wont light up on the dash but the defroster relay clicks. There is 3 or so white wires at that plug so test for the right one. Are you powering up the pink, white, brown, and orange wires at the main ignition harness? Also, there is no need to hook up the keysense to anything. the alarm should go off when the ignition is turned on, not when a key is inserted. What exactly happens when you try to remote start the truck? Is the small BLACK/ white neutral safety wire grounded?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic